73..

"Baby."

"Mm."

"Look at me." I turned around as I was buttoning my shirt, my eyes meeting Connie's. "You doing okay? With work and everything? You don't talk about it much anymore."

I gave her a smile, "It's fine." She didn't buy it so I just gave in and sighed. "I don't know, Connie. It's like people are getting fired left and right and they're not allowed to talk about why. Isn't that weird?"

"Maybe it's...a contract thing?"

"I don't know, but I'm praying I don't get that email to work in Bristol."

Her eyes widened, "Bristol?"

"The new building—it's in Bristol. Didn't I tell you?"

"I thought you said Windsor! Niall, Bristol is a two hour train ride. You'd have to get up at like, four-thirty to get there by seven." I didn't say anything. She knew I already knew that, and was just talking it out to herself. "And you'd be getting home so late...it won't be safe."

I went to sit next to her on the bed. She was still wrapped in her robe, too lazy to get dressed after her shower. The look on her face was laced with concern and anxiousness, but she was looking at me for some reassurance. She was counting on me to make this better.

"We don't have to worry about anything yet. If I don't get an email today, we're good. And if I do, we'll work something out. Don't worry, okay, angel?"

She nodded, but didn't look any convinced. My hands were taken in hers, fingers idly playing with mine. "I'm worried you'll be gone all the time."

"I'm talking to HR about paternity leave today," I stood up to tuck my dress shirt in. The new dress code required what used to be considered meeting attire at all times now. "I'll have that," I leaned in to kiss her forehead. "And weekends." Then her cheek. "And I'll be here all night." And finally her lips. "I'm not going anywhere, angel. I'll always be here."

"Promise?" She whispered.

I leaned in, pressing my mouth against hers again. "Promise." Once I pulled away, she finally got up to get dressed, then checked on Archie to make sure he'd gotten up the first time he woke him.

For the first time since the spring, I had time to sit down and have breakfast before going to work. Though Camp didn't come to work until nine, he wanted everyone else to be there and functioning by seven forty-five. I had a feeling the last two people who got fired were let go because they just couldn't get here before eight, but of course I didn't know for sure since they weren't allowed to talk about it.

Since Anthony Camp started, twenty people—of eighty—have been fired and replaced. Everyone was given the three strikes rule, like he told us in his introductory meeting, but I can't even wrap my heard around twenty people getting fired because they couldn't accommodate to his changes. You'd think it would make him realize that not everyone can just drop what they're doing and change their whole life around to get to work forty-five minutes before what they were accustomed to. He doesn't consider his employees lives at home; he was focused on the company and nothing else.

I had half a mind to call Robert Flander himself and tell him about Camp's inconsiderate way, but that would be complaining. And I didn't want to insult him by saying the guy he handpicked to take over his company was a fucking psycho. The idea was tempting but it has only been six months since he took over. It didn't seem like enough time to complain.

 The first thing I did after clocking in was pour myself another cup of coffee before starting my work for the day. Brandon and Vince were already in the office, looking tired and unhappy—probably just like me. I mostly had phone calls to make, phone calls and emails to get a negotiating process started, as well as finalize a small take over.