#12

Will POV 

Everything just seemed so much lighter after I had told Nico about Austin. I had no idea that that jerk had had so much effect on my life, even now. He had been a weight on my shoulders, oppressing me, a constant worry in the back of my mind. It was still there, just not as prominent. Life wasn't necessarily nicer to me, but somehow it seemed easier. I may not have the happiest past, but I will do my damnedest to make my present happy. I don't understand why some people hold their hate for so long. I mean, I get it but I don't. It doesn't quite make sense. Then again, life rarely does. 

I was curled around Nico, his slight form tucked into my arms. His every exhale sent shivers down my spine as his breath's whispered touch tickled my forearm. My thumb was stroking the delicate skin beneath his eye, skin that wasn't dark or bruised or shadowed for the first time in probably his whole life. His face had always lived up to his name, di Angelo, but more in a death angle kind of a way. As in, you tick me off, I'll damn you to eternal torture thing. Now, however, it looked more like a trickster of an angle. A lot less intimidating. A little more adorable. 

Nico poked me, complaining, "Stop thinking about me."

"I wasn't." I lied, then decided against it."Um, how'd you know?" 

He replied,"You do this thing, a sigh almost, whenever you think of me. It's kinda cute actually." 

"Whatever," I grumbled. 

Nico sighed and rolled over, tucking his head into my chest. 

Nico POV 

Will's chest was so warm. I could stay here forever. My stomach growled, voicing its opinion on that idea. 

I asked Will,"Can we go eat?" 

He nodded in reply.

I got up off the bed, reluctantly letting the blanket that had kept me so warm slip off my shoulders. Will was right behind me. We where on our way to the kitchen to raid it for snacks, but before we could get there, I saw Sean.

Sean was this annoying, cocky, arrogant jerk of an Ares kid. His black hair was almost always bleached in the front, and look I don't know what the heck he was hoping to accomplish with. Last time our paths crossed, we got into a minor spat. Well, it wasn't really minor. I left, bloody and bruised but victorious, with him unconscious on the ground. He was insulting Hazel. He said she was a shallow Roman imposter to ever have the misfortune of being a daughter of Hades. So naturally, I had to beat the living daylights out of him. Because that's how these things work. 

Sean was walking by, something I hoped he would continue to do. Unfortunately, I had no such luck. He looked over, saw me and his scowl deepened. He started walking over to me, and I knew I was screwed. Not that I'd let it show. I'm much more vain than that. I rearranged my facial features, turning them into a scowl to match, if not surpass his. 

"Well if it isn't the single little death boy. Found any damned souls to play with yet?" Sean snarled. 

I scoffed. "As if. At least I actually have someone. How's it feel over there in loner-vile?" 

He smiled, a cruel smile that usually only appears on the face of a crocodile. "You tell me. You must be so familiar with the feeling by now, you homo freak, although it looks like now you found yourself a new boy toy." He commented. 

"He's not a toy. Does he look like a yo-yo to you?" I countered. 

Sean looked at me, "I don't know. To you maybe, the way you are stringing him along with this 'Aww. Pity me, I have no friends cuz I push them all away and I enjoy inflicting pain into people who don't deserve it but not you cuz you're cute' act. B.S."

"Act? Really? That's what you think this is? If I where into inflict uncalled for punishment, you'd top my list." I spat. 

"Oh scary. A list. What are you going to do, paper cut me to death?" He teased. 

"You really want to push me?" I laughed, dark mist already swirling around my hand. 

"What could you even do?" He asked. 

I sent the cloud of pure fear I had been collecting right towards him, throwing him off his game. While he was still weak, I lunged, landing a fist right on the underside of his jaw with a sickening crunch. Sean staggered backward, falling only to roll back to his feet again. Blinded by rage, Sean lashed out and hit my forehead, one of the worst spots to hit someone. That is one of your thickest parts if your skull. It hurt me, but had much less of an effect than he had hoped. 

My fist struck again, this time right below where the ribs part, expelling the air from his body. The son of Ares tried to land a punch on my throat, a hit that could kill you, but I angled my head down so that he hit my cheekbone. The impact is going to leave a mark. I can already feel a bruise forming around the delicate skin of my eye. In retaliation, my fist darted out, hitting him square in the nose. When I withdrew my fist from his face, his nose was dripping crimson and at a funny angle. 

He turned sideways, his foot hitting my side right in the ribcage before I had a chance to even register what was happening. The bones that protect your vital organs may be strong, but the force behind his kick was stronger. Several of the bones gave way beneath his foot, sending a blinding pain shooting through my body. 

Will rushed forward to help, but I pushed him back. "This isn't your fight. He wanted a fight, well he's gonna get one." 

Gritting my teeth to fight through the pain I stood up, only to see a flash of silver as Sean's blade cut through the air and sliced my scalp. I didn't feel the cut, but I felt the warmth of the blood as it ran down my face and neck. Since when where we using weapons? Whatever. I have a plan. 

I collapsed to the ground, faking defeat. When Sean started to advance, I gathered my strength, condensing it in my core, feeding it with my rage and pain and hurtled it towards the ground, hitting it with such a force that it split open the stone pathway we happened to be on. I leapt to my feet. The crack knocked Sean onto his back, the sword skittering out of his hand. 

I walked up to his head, knelt and whispered in his ear, "Stay away from Hazel. Will too. Touch either of them again and I seriously doubt you will survive our next encounter." I growled, standing up. I turned to walk away, but before I did, I twisted around and kicked in the head, knocking him out. His eyes rolled back in his head, the whites of his eyes showing. 

I turned and looked at Will, locking eyes with him before collapsing into his arms. He carried me bridal style to the infirmary, snack trip all but forgotten.