punz

ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ ʟɪꜱᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

punz is stirring pasta in a pan, making sure the sauce is getting well mixed in whilst simultaneously ensuring none of the tagliatelle is sticking to the bottom of the pan, when he hears his apartment door opening and closing again in quick succession.

he looks back over his shoulder with a smile already plastered over his features, his eyes meeting his boyfriends through the doorway as the brunette crosses over towards the kitchen. "hey," he greets, pushing the corner of his lips just slightly higher before turning back to look at the pasta once more.

he hopes that it smells good. the blond had really hoped that his boyfriend would get home and be immediately overwhelmed by the smell of good cooking, though he has no idea if his plan succeeded as the other male doesn't comment on the scent.

punz's chest feels all tight and happy as strong arms wrap around his waist and the familiar weight of a chin presses down into his shoulder. "hi, babe."

punz can't help but squirm a little at the tickly feeling of a kiss being pressed into the side of his neck, just under his jaw. he giggles, and foolish laughs along as they straighten up again. "how was work?" punz asks, resisting the urge to move his hands to lay over the others as he keeps his focus on cooking.

"very tiring," foolish answers with a long sigh as he steps back. he moves to lean against the counter beside the hob so punz can see him, though he doesn't look at the blond as he stares forward and explains, "i had a big meeting today with a guy who has links to amazon. it was a big deal, obviously, and i had to do a presentation."

"how did it go?" punz wonders, picking up the second pan off the stove so he could stir more of the wine sauce into the pasta.

"good, but i'm exhausted now." the brunette pushes off of the counter so he's standing again, moving to tug off his blazer. "i'm going to use your shower."

"oh, okay," punz nods, looking back to track foolish's movements as he moves around the kitchen. he watches the brunette remove his blazer and tie, both articles being hung over the back of a chair as he yawns. "don't be too long, dinner is almost ready."

"i won't be," he assures, leaving the room. "i love you, babe."

"i love you too," punz calls back, waiting for his boyfriend to be completely out of sight before shifting his focus back to the pasta.

punz is a little disappointed that foolish didn't ask about his day at work, but he doesn't really mind. the brunette is clearly tired and there's a likelihood he didn't even realise that punz had work today.

foolish works every weekday, and occasionally on saturdays if he is working on something big, but punz only works consistently on tuesdays and thursdays. he does a few odd days here and there too, though.

foolish is always so busy, there's a chance he doesn't even know it's thursday today, so punz doesn't let it get to him. he was also clearly desperate for a shower, so maybe they'll just talk more after he's freshened up a bit.