9. Engagement

Riyansh's POV

Everyone was ready, and Navya and Mahi di were busy with preparations. Ruchi was with Anay jiju, wearing a beautiful frock that made her look like a princess. She's the apple of my eye.

Papa and Mumma were dealing with the guests, and Ruchi, coming down from Anay jiju's lap, asked me, "Mamu, mami kab aayegi?"

"Bas aane hi waali h," I replied, smiling.

"Jaldi bulao na mami ko mujhse, unse bohut saari baate karni h. Mujhe unhe us dress me bhi dekhna h jo unhone select ki thi," Ruchi said, eager. I was about to respond when Anay jiju interjected, "Aane hi waali h tumhari mami."

I hugged jiju, and he said, "Looking dashing." We continued our conversation, but soon Ruchi announced loudly, "Mami aa gayi," and we all turned towards the entrance.

Noor, her name suited her perfectly. She looked so lovely that for a moment, I forgot that our relationship wasn't based on love. I couldn't help but think about kissing her. She was stunning in that blue dress, her blush adorning her face, her eyes sparkling, and her lips inviting.

Why am I thinking like this? She doesn't love me, I reminded myself.

Our families met, exchanging hugs and blessings. I touched her parents' feet and hugged her brother, and she did the same with my parents. Finally, it was just Noor and me, standing together on the stage.

--------------------------------------------------------

Noorika's POV

As soon as we arrived, I didn't get a chance to admire Rishu. We were both alone on the stage, our families busy with the guests. But as I stole glances at him, there was no denying he was more than just handsome. I was lost in admiration when he said, without looking at me, "You are looking stunning."

"Well, I do, no doubt," I replied, admitting to my self-obsession.

He smiled and confessed, "You look so stunning that there was a moment when I thought to kiss you. I forgot that there's no love between us."
His words left me stunned, and I blurted out, "Don't worry, we can have a partnership with benefits if you want." As soon as those words escaped my lips, I realized what I had said.

He looked surprised and laughed. It must have seemed like a joke to him, which it wasn't. I was open to anything with him if that's what he wanted to hear.

Before he could respond, a familiar voice interrupted us. It was a figure I recognized – Mr. Vinay, the corridor guy.

I greeted him, "You," my eyes fixed on him.

"Hi Noorika," he said, as if he already knew me well. I turned to Rishu and asked with my eyes who he was.

Rishu explained, "He's Vinay, one of my closest friends."

I nodded and said, "Nice to meet you, Mr. Vinay."

Vinay apologized, saying, "Sorry for the flirting in the corridor."

I replied casually, "That's okay, no issues."

Vinay teased Rishu, saying, "No, no, but Rishu told me to say sorry to you."

Rishu intervened, "Enough, guys. We've had our fun." As if he didn't want vinay to speak more about the sorry thing.

He suggested, "Now, you should meet my parents as well," excusing himself from me. I turned to my phone, seeking distraction.

Suddenly, a familiar voice called out, and when I saw her, I jumped from my seat and hugged her. "Vaani, OMG, I missed you so much!" I exclaimed.

"I missed you too, jaan," she replied, holding me tight.