𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕻𝖔𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗

★・。。・゜゜・。。・゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜★

It was Calanthe's first Samhain, or as they called it in the Muggle world Halloween. The family of three lived in a small cottage, at Godric's Hollow at Dumbledore's request. James never understood why Dumbledore would ask him to leave, the Potter Manor with all its protection charms and blood wards would have kept any unwanted visitors at bay. But, after what happened with the McKinnons, he was very unsure as to what was out there that the Dark Lord's Death Eaters couldn't do.

So, he went with the next best idea, to live in a house that no one except them and the secret keeper would know about under the Fidelius charm.  He and Lillian always wanted Sirius to become the secret keeper or Remus, but Dumbledore was quite persistent on making Peter the secret keeper, they were very hesitant to do so, and it was only after nearly a week that they along with Sirius, finally agreed on making him the secret keeper. 

They had every reason to feel so as well. In the last few months, Peter had started behaving strangely, not working with them in coordination at Order raids, or even something as simple as skipping on meeting up with them on their days off. He even refused to babysit Calanthe at several events, the same person who felt sad when Sirius was made Calanthe's Godfather and not him.

They finally understood why he was behaving so strangely; they knew this day was to come. They had just hoped not so soon, but it appeared as thought their wish was now futile, as the Dark Lord stepped onto their property removing the wards as if it was nothing for him.

"Lily, take Cally and go! It's him! Go! Run! I'll hold him off -" James shouted.

Lily picks up Calanthe, who was now very aware of her surroundings and took the stairs two at a time and rushed into Calanthe's room where she placed her in her cot.

James stood there realising he left his wand in the living room, by the time he got a hold of it and sent an Expelliarmus, Voldemort's way, he had already sent an Avada Kedavra James' way and it hit him before he even could think of deflecting.

Voldemort was still impressed with James for trying to fight him and had thought of him to be "straight-backed and proud."

Lily heard the sounds of someone stumbling from a room and doors bursting open, a cackle of high-pitched laughter, she frantically moved all heavy objects - chests, cupboards and lamps to obstruct the door, to buy herself sometime.

"My sweet sweet girl, I love you more than life itself and so did your father. I promise you no matter what happens today we will always be there for you, protecting you from above. Do not ever worry about anything, we will be in a better place after all, and I am sure Uncle Pads and Uncle Moony will spoil you enough for all of us together. Do not ever forget who you are. You are a Potter and LeFay. There is nothing out there that you cannot conquer."

Calanthe might have just been a year old, but she was not the Heiress to two of the most powerful houses to exist for no reason. She understood everything and had then started crying what was to happen. Her mother hugged her one last time and poured all her love into that hug. Tears of sorrow and love falling like waterfalls from their eyes.

Voldemort blasted the door and entered the room with a cruel laugh. Lily quickly placed a kiss filled with love and longing onto Calanthe's forehead and placed her in the crib.

"Not Calanthe, not her, please not Calanthe!" Lily cried in a desperate tone.

"Stand aside you silly girl ... stand aside now."

"Not Calanthe, please no, take me, kill me instead —– Not Harry! Please ... have mercy ... have mercy... "

Calanthe hears a shrill restricted voice laughing and the woman screaming. Calanthe faces a blinding green flash and a burning pain in her forehead, then a high, cold cruel laugh. Voldemort had used the Killing Curse on Lily and Harry.

★・。。・゜゜・。。・゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜★

PS: Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments and do not forget to vote.

Much love <3