CHAPTER 3 - What is Love?

KARTHIK

HOUR FIVE

Why did I feel bad when she mentioned about my engagement? Just few hours ago, I was cool with that but now...

Feeling confused, I sat on one of the empty lower berths.

"Karthi?" came a soft voice.

I swiftly turned around, facing her. Karthi? 

"Ohh sorry! I won't call you that," she said fidgeting her fingers. 

I just shook my head and said, "It's okay! You can call me Karthi. My family and friends call me that."

She took the seat opposite to me, "Ohhh!!! You consider me as your friend?"

I smiled in response and she continued, "How did you agree to the marriage? I mean, you didn't even see the bride."

"If my family didn't arrange my marriage, I would stay single forever," I laughed.

She too laughed. "That's true! I feel pity for your future wife."

I quirked my brows, asking why to which she replied, "Then? How can she expect a spark in the marriage from a boring man like you."

I twisted my lips in annoyance. "I pity your future husband too! How would he tolerate a stupid girl like you? Ara mental!"

(Ara mental - Half mental)

"Hello? Yaara paathu Ara mental nu solreenga? Neengale oru mulu mental!" She smirked.

(Whom you are pointing out as half mental? You are a full mental!)

"Edhey! Nana?"

(What? Me?)

"Yes! You only!" she said.

In between our banter, I heard my phone ring.

🎶Un paarvaiyil paithiyam aanen... Un vaarthaiyil vaakiyam aanen... Un vetkathai vedikkai paarthen... Mayanginen...🎶

(Translation of Song - 🎶 I am going crazy at your sight. I became a sentence with your words. I fell head over heels, seeing you blush🎶)

I attended the call but to my dismay, it was a customer call. Sighing in irritation, I kept the phone back.

"Nice ringtone!" Priya complimented. 

"Thanks!" I replied with a smile.

I have smiled a lot in the last few hours...

"You know, I love this song. It's one of my favourites!" she exclaimed.

"It's my favourite too!" I said.

"You said you were sleepy. But now you are talking normally. Why though?" she questioned.

My gaze dropped and I mumbled, "I don't know why I said like that."

"Alright! I think you don't wanna speak about that. Let's leave that aside," she said in a serious tone.

I looked at her in admiration. Her hair flew in the wind's direction and her hand constantly moved to adjust her displaced hair.

She's so understanding.

"You seemed to be stressed at that time. Are you okay now? Want to have some water?" she asked with concern.

She's so caring.

Seeing me unresponsive, she asked, "Karthi?"

She's so sweet and pretty too!

'What's with you complimenting her in every two minutes?' my mind asked and honestly I didn't have an answer.

"Karthi?"