Plasmasonic#3: Underpinnings

PAGE 1 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: EL GOUNA, EGYPT
EXT. THE RED SEA; CAPTIAN LALH'S SHIP - AFTERNOON

CAPTAIN LALH KNEELS BEFORE A MAKESHIFT ALTER LIGHTING ONE BIG CANDLE

Panel 2.

A CECAELIA DEITY APPEARS IN THE FLAME.

XESYN: (BALLOON)
...Lalh.

CAPTAIN LALH: (ARABIC BALLOON)
My liege, I have long missed your presence. I sense that your absence is making my strength wane.

Panel 3.

SIDE VIEW OF CAPTAIN LALH KNEELING BEFORE THE ALTER TALKING TO XESYN.

XESYN: (BALLOON)
Do you know the vastness of the cosmos? To know the feckless desires of entities is hardly worth even consideration. Why, Lalh, should you be given preferential treatment in all of existence? You would still have my power if only you had not lost my sapphire. A testament to your declaration as the greatest pirate, ruler of the seas, and above all my minion.

CAPTAIN LALH: (ARABIC BALLOON)
There was an exceptional individual that was able to rend it from my possession. I am on the course to reclaim it and continue your mission, my liege.

XESYN: (BALLOON)
Claim-making for things that are out of reach is foolish on the part of the flesh. When you declared that you were the ruler of the seas to the ether, how many moons have gone since I assumed you had learned your lesson?

CAPTAIN LALH: (ARABIC BALLOON)
Folly of the flesh indeed.

Panel 4.

OVER THE SHOULDER PANEL OF CAPTAIN LALH LOOKING UP AT XESYN.

XESYN: (BALLOON)
The descendant of that individual has the sapphire. Recover it and find the cove I showed you many moons ago.

CAPTAIN LALH: (BALLOON)
It will be done.

Panel 5.

A GUST OF WIND BELLOWS INTO THE ROOM EXSTINGUISING THE FLAME OF THE CANDLE.

Panel 6.

CAPTAIN LALH LEAVES THE CAPTAIN'S QUARTERS OF THE SHIP AND APPROACHES THE CREW ON THE SHIP.

CAPTAIN LALH: (ARABIC BALLOON)
Raise the sail. We're heading inland.

UNDEAD BARBARY PIRATE NO. 1: (ARABIC BALLOON)
Yes, captain.

PAGE 2 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: EL GOUNA, EGYPT
INT. LIBRARY - AFTERNOON

DETECTIVE HADID ALONGSIDE HASSAN LOOKS OVER RECORDS AND BOOKS IN THE LIBRARY. DETECTIVE HASSAN LOOKS AT HIS SCREEN WITH AN INVESTIGATIVE EXPRESSION WHILE DETECTIVE HADID LOOKS AT HIS SCREEN WITH A BORED EXPRESSION.

DETECTIVE HADID: (BALLOON)
How much longer are we going to stay in here? We haven't found anything close to what we're looking for.

DETECTIVE HASSAN: (BALLOON)
It's our job to recover the facts. We can't leave just yet. There has to be something here that we haven't considered or looked over.

Panel 2.

DETECTIVE HASSAN LOOKS AT THE MEDAL THAT HAS BEEN PLACED INTO AN EVIDENCE BAG.

DETECTIVE HASSAN: (BALLOON)
We've been able to conclude that this medal is at least from the 17th century and it belonged to a Barbary Pirate.

DETECTIVE HADID: (BALLOON)
Since you're not going to let this go, why don't we cross-reference the dates? They said they were looking for a jewel which could be any old jewel under the sun. I suppose we could also look at different battles that took place to see if we have anything that correlated to the events they're describing.