i. what the shit?

"FREYA GO NOW!" The five year old got yelled at by her mother. It was stressful. She watched as mandie used a knife to get walkers away from Freya so she could run.

She grabbed her backpack and began running. Luck was on the five year old side today. No walkers stood in her path, only some following behind her, where she heard screams. She was terrified. She was born into the Apocolypes. All this was normal. She had only been told life before the Apocolypes by her mom and dad. She didn't get a regular life. She didn't get to be all snugged up in a comfy bed after watching a movie with her parents. She got a sleeping bag and chills down her spine every time she heard a grunch outside.

Her bag felt heavy. What was in it? Clothes and a book. Her mother let her carry it around. It was a book on astrology, too difficult for a five year old to read. She also had her stuffed bear she named Leaf. Why leaf? It was the only word she knew when she was 3 years old. It also had clothes in it. The bag was small, pink with a princess crown design on the front.

Her legs felt tired as she kept running, stopping with a scream as a walker appeared walking towards her from the left. She kept running as tears fell from her eyes. This was how she'd die, isn't it? It was horrifying, knowing she could die at any moment due to the monsters.

Suddenly, there was a roar of a truck down the road, then the ear peircing screech of someone slamming on a break. Abraham had no idea how the five year old was running by herself and surviving. He hoped out of his truck.

"What the shit?! " He yelled. He quickly grabbed a gun from the back of the army truck and ran towards her. Freya wasn't scared of him. She was running from life or death. It's choose him or the walkers.

Rosita got out of the car, too, and ran after Abraham. She wasn't trying to get the walkers but rather to Freya. Once in reach, she gently grabbed the girl's hand.

"Come on!" She ushered as Abraham began beating the walkers in the back of the head with his gun, trying to save some ammo. Freya glanced back at him. It was a brutal sight. Yet she was used to it from her own group.

"Are you okay? You get bit? Scratched?" Rosita asked as she kneeled to the five year old's height. Freya shook her head as she wiped her tears.

"No. I'm okay, " She said. She looked up as abraham walked over, holding the gun of his shoulder.

"The hell are your parents' kid?" He asked. His voice was rough. 'Nothing like daddy's is,' Freya thought to herself.

"Mommy told me to run," She told him. Rosita and abraham didn't even need to say any words to know what happened. Her parents were defneitly gone. Abraham glanced back towards the woods and tilted his head. He was going to go and check. Rosita nodded and turned back towards Freya, taking the little girl's hands as abraham walked towards the woods.

"We're there, biters?" She asked. Freya tilted her head, confused.

"Biters?" She asked. What were those things. Rosita tilted her head towards the walkers on the ground.

"Them," she explained to her.

"Oh, the monsters?" She asked. Rosita nodded.

"Yeah, those," rosita said. It felt depressing to have to tell a child about monsters. They were ment to be fictional things that children were scared of. And now they roamed everywhere.

"Yeah, Mommy, Daddy, mandie, and Austin were fighting them," Freya said, she was nieve to what was going on, the feeling of missing her parents sinking in. Abraham ran a hand over his face as he walked back over. He had found dead bodies, no doubt her parents by the woman's blonde hair. How did he break it to a lid that her parents were definitely walker food by now?

"Look, their going to be..busy for a while.. So.. how about you come with us?" Abraham said. They couldn't just leave a kid out here alone. Her parents were gone and she couldn't comprehend it. She'd probably go right back to that death trap.

"Mommy might be waiting for me though," Freya said as she glanced behind her. Where was her mom? She was always a few feet behind her. Freya didn't know much expressions, but she knew the look of worry, its mostly how what she'd been seeing as she grew..

"We're going on a trip. You'll see her at the end of it, " abraham said. He had to lie just for now. Eugene had the cure for all this, so once they got back from DC, they should be fine again. Her parents would probably he glad they had her.

"It's like..babysitting," Rosita said. "What's that?" Freya asked. She never had a babysitter. Everyone stayed close.

"When parents need someone to watch their kid while they go off somewhere," rosita explained. Freya seemed to be contemplating it for a moment. She then slowly nodded. It sounded safe..

"Okay," She said. Rosita picked her up, and her eyes widened slightly. It was heavier then she thought. How did the girl run with this bag?

"Jeez kid, the hell is in your bag?" She asked. Why was it so heavy? Abraham gently took the bag off the girl's shoulder, his expression never changing as he set it in the back of the truck.

"Mommy's book," Freya said. Rosita just nodded with a confused look. Why wasn't there more essentials in the bag?

"Okay then. There's not enough room, so you'll have to sit on my lap. Okay?" Rosita asked. She wasn't too big of a fan of little kids, but what else was she meant to do?

"What's your name?" She asked as she opened up the passenger door. "Freya!" The little girl said, a proud smile on her face. It was the one thing she knew about herself. There was more sure..but in her parents group, she was little Freya, the girl with the brightest smile in the darkest hour.