01

bottoms up☆彡

bottoms up
☆彡

i knew starting a new high school would be hard, but isabel and brittany made it easier.

"every year we have a fair to celebrate the beginning of a new school year, you should totally come with us!" she exclaims while brittany nods.

"uh, yeah! that'd be great." i didn't really know anyone else besides them, what could go wrong? the only issue i'd assume i have was picking the perfect outfit for the occasion.

"great, we'll pick you up." isabel smiles sweetly.

i head to my car with my bag slung over my shoulder. unlocking the door to my new home,

"mom? ro?" i yell out as i set my keys down.

"in the kitchen!" i navigate around cardboard boxes and walk into the kitchen. "hey sweetie, how was your first day of senior year?" she asks me as she unboxes a box full of plates and silverware.

"it was good, actually, is it okay if i go out tonight with some friends? it's a fair the school holds every year." i ask, "she said they'd pick me up so i can just leave my car here."

"yeah that's fine! will you be home late?" as she continues to unpack the kitchen.

"no later than midnight, most likely. where's aurora?" curiosity laced in my voice.

"upstairs unpacking, i hope. when you get home i expect your room to be unpacked, i don't want the boxes sitting around for long."

i nod and head upstairs, opening up my door and dropping my bag on the floor, and heading down the hallway to my younger sister, aurora's room. i knock a few times and then invite myself in. "hey, how's the unpacking going?" plopping down on her bed.

"i think it's really coming together!" she exclaims. aurora is a sophomore, definitely the most mature in her grade.

"it looks amazing, how was class?" i ask, looking around once more at her newly decorated room. it really reflected her personality. "i promise i'll drive you home from now on." i say as i throw a pinky finger up to seal the promise.

she flops down on her bed and groans, "i cannot wait to get my own car, but it was okay. i made some friends that are going to the fair, is it okay if i tag along with you?" of course i'd say yes in a heartbeat, but i soon realized isabel would be the one who would have to drive both of us.

"i'm not sure ro, i'm not taking my car because my friend is picking me up. let me text her and tell her i'll just meet her there. do your friends need a ride too?" i pull out my phone as i ask, pulling up isabel's contact and immediately texting her.

"no, it's fine. i promise i'll make it up to you! thank you nari!" aurora says.

i nod and check my phone, "it's okay! we'll just meet you at the front :)" i walk into my room and quickly search through my boxes for a simple, yet effective, outfit. finally, i find a flatter pair of low rise flair jeans, a cute babydoll tank top, and i pair it with my doc martens i was wearing earlier.

"ro come on! we're going to be late!" i yell, as i rush to her door. i run downstairs and grab my keys, "bye mom! love you."

"bye! don't stay out too late." she says from a room in the house.

me and ro head to the car and start the drive to the fair. quickly, i find a park, and we walk to the front. "okay, meet back here, when you're ready to go just call me. stay safe, i love you." ro nods her head and runs off to find her friends. i spot isabel and brittany at the popcorn machine near the entrance of the fair.

"hey guys! i'm sorry i couldn't ride with you, i had to bring my sister too." i smile and greet them.

"it's cool, we understand!" brittany smiles sweetly, and we walk off to see the viking football team run out.

isabel cheers for her boyfriend as he runs out, josh? john..? jeff! they hug as me and brittany stand to the side awkwardly, then he soon runs off. we soon start walking until a girl calls out brittany's name.

"brittany!" a girl who i've never seen before yells out,

brittany hesitates for a second, "pj..."

"i'm loving all the holes in your pants," pj says, i twist my face into confusion and try to old back a laugh.

"thanks, you look..like a little dutch boy." brittany says, nonchalantly.

"thank you!" the girl named pj says, "so, britt..can i call you britt?"

"i'd prefer if you'd just call me my name.." this conversation was getting harder and harder to sit through. i tuned out the rest of the conversation until the brunette named pj said isabel's name.

"so isabel, josie was just saying something similar to me," gesturing to the girl with curly hair who stood there next to her. finally looking around out of boredom of the conversation, i lay my eyes on a girl with brown short hair standing behind the both of them with tickets in her hand, she looks up and waves. i try to smile and wave back. i had to admit she was attractive. the conversation josie was having with isabel got more awkward by the minute until they walked away with me following, heading towards another food booth, i looked back once more and smiled. the moment was ruined once i got a call from ro,

"hey guys, i got to go." catching their attention, "i'll see you guys tomorrow." i walked away before they could say anything, doing so, i run into the girl from earlier.

gasping i tell her, "i'm so sorry! i didn't mean to run into you like that,"

"it's okay," she smiles awkwardly, "i'm hazel, what's your name?

"uhm, i'm nari. i'm sorry hazel, i'm really in a rush. i'll see you tomorrow?" i sigh, hoping my sister isn't waiting too long for me.

"uh yeah, hopefully!" she waves goodbye and walks back towards her small group consisting of pj and josie. i rush to the front, meeting my sister, so we can head home for the night.

AUTHOR SPEAKS!

hey guys! 1k words, i'm sorry if this is a little lengthy for a first chapter. this is one of my first few books so there's some things i have to learn and add :) i wrote this since there is a lack of hazel books currently. i know since the movie is a little newer there won't be a lot of books but hopefully that'll change soon! i'm not sure if this book will be slow burn or fast paced but i'm also going to try and add a little more flavor to it than just strictly the bottoms storyline so we'll see how that goes..hope you enjoy !

bottoms up
☆彡