05

bottoms up ☆彡

bottoms up
☆彡

"we're going to try something different today, everyone get in a circle." pj announces.

josie quietly adds, "pj and i have decided to take a different approach to the learning."

we gather into the circle, josie and pj stay in the middle. josie tries to give us some context, "we'll start by doing a round of encouragement by letting one person walk around the circle by encouraging them in different ways and so on," she explains, "another person will go and then they will start the physical contact. me and pj can go first for an example."

they each walk around the circle, us clapping for them and shouting compliments and then it comes to a halt by pj throwing a punch at josie's stomach.

annie and brittany were next, brittany made the first move by pushing annie's shoulder and then it continued on.

then, hazel and isabel came forward. isabel tried throwing a punch at hazel but she dodged it so hazel kicked her in the leg. isabel reciprocated that and knocked hazel to the ground, she scrambled up and they shook hands which made me laugh a little.

it was my turn and i partner up with sylvie, i start by walking around the circle with everyone cheering, hazel a little louder than the others and then we started. i successfully throw a punch, shaking my hand in pain once it lands. everyone cheers and claps, sylvie slaps me and a stinging feeling resides on my cheek.

after a few rounds of the circle, mr. g, josie, and pj gather us for a debrief before we leave.

"we'll continue doing the circle method until otherwise, does anyone have any opinions on it?"

no one says anything in response to the question, "okay see you guys monday! we'll have tomorrow off." and everyone heads to their stuff. i take a quick look around and everyone seems like they're in a good mood for being slapped in the face less than thirty minutes ago.

i quickly said goodbye to everyone and headed to the bathroom to check on the state of my face. luckily the damage was just a cut on my cheekbone. i hear the bathroom door open and hazel appears in the reflection of the mirror, her face more scratched up then mine.

i turn around and try to make light of the situation, "wow, you look way worse than me."

"but somehow you still look attractive," i mumble quietly

"do i really look that bad?" she asks, not sensing my joke.

"no! i was joking, i'm sorry. you look nice as always."