06

Thea had somehow managed to get her old job back at the hospital as a midwife so when Ana woke up and found the house empty except for a note from her mum telling her to meet at the hospital when she woke up because she needed her help for something

Thea had somehow managed to get her old job back at the hospital as a midwife so when Ana woke up and found the house empty except for a note from her mum telling her to meet at the hospital when she woke up because she needed her help for something. The teen quickly got ready and opened her front door only to see Isaiah walking up to her front door. "Your dad told me to come get you," he told her. "And then take you to the hospital to meet your mum."

"Your safe. He's not here," Ana told the boy who was keeping a cautious distance away from him. "Not that he would do anything. He's all bark and no bite." Isaiah let a breathy laugh, he knew Jack wouldn't do anything to him and even if he did Ana would put a stop to it. Ana and Isaiah protected each other like brother and sister, he was one of her first friends when she moved to Birmingham.

The walk was mainly silent, Ana being more focussed on getting Tommy's cousin out of her head. The girl was so caught up in her head she hadn't realised they were already at the hospital nor the fact there was a closed door that Isaiah was yet to approach and open in-front of her.

"Watch-" Isaiah was cut off by Ana already colliding with the door and an "Ow!" from the girl as he jogged up the stairs to check on her, "Are you okay?" he asked, grabbing her chin to look at her nose. "You'll be fine, it's not broken."

"Are you sure?" Ana asked, clutching her nose with a wince. Isaiah nodded with a small smile.

"You're fine, anyway you're going into a hospital so if it's broken, which it's not, they'll be able to tell you. Want me to walk you in?"

"If you want," she replied. "I'm not bothered."

"Come on Kingston," he grabbed her arm to push her behind him softly so he could open the door so she didn't walk into it again. The two saw Thea sitting about to walk into an office when she heard the footsteps, her face breaking out into a wide grin.

"This is where I leave you," he turned to face Ana before looking to Thea again. "She walked into the doors and hurt her nose so you might want to get her checked out, it's not broken."

"Thank you Isaiah," Thea smiled at him before checking over her daughter once again.

"Mum I'm fine," Ana groaned as she pulled her face away from her. "What did you need help with?"

"Go in the office and I'll tell you," she told her.

The teen nodded and made her way into the office to find the desk full of documents, "Surely you haven't delivered this many babies in a few hours?"

"No, idiot," the woman rolled her eyes. "They're birth, death and adoption certificates."

"Is this your way of telling me you and dad or you and that Alfie guy have a kid you put up for adoption?" Ana asked as she picked up one of the certificates.

"No!" Thea tutted. "I was down by the wash house with Esme earlier and there was some woman boasting about how there was a Shelby at her sister's table."