Chapter 4

BentleySixx: Didn't get the chance to iron my shirt because I'm in the studio all day, cooking up new music for you all

4,000,000 likes ~ 10,000 comments

---

Oh spaces between us

Hendrix holds up his hand and I sigh in frustration as we are all forced to stop singing. We have been working on our harmonies for the past hour as management want it to be more elevated and crisp. They now have us rehearsing our old songs so that our performances are better when we go back on the road.

"I'm sorry guys but I need you guys to be sharper when sustaining that note." He tells us as he leans against the mixing board. "Remember that whatever register you start in, you have to stay in until the end of the chorus. Our microphones will all be at the same volume so there is no room for error or pitchy notes."

Oh spaces between us
Keep getting deeper
It's harder to reach you
Even though I try
Spaces between us
Hold all our secrets
Leaving us speechless
And I don't know why

Everyone stops singing as I sing the next line by myself.

Who's gonna be the first to say goodbye?

"Much better." Our manager, Derek says over the video call with a satisfied expression on his face. "This is the level that we need to be at."

"We aced that shit." Amethyst gives me a nudge and I click my tongue at her.

"I know that you guys are getting tired of the repetitive critiques but it's not because you sound bad. You have to always be finding new ways to push yourselves as artists because growth is important and opens the door to new opportunities." Derek clears his throat. "You always sound good but you can always sound better. The new album is about coming out with something better and people are going to be wondering what you did to make sure that this album was better than the last."

"Better is key." Zayn mumbles as he rubs his neck. "What's the new deadline for the album?"

"Glad you asked." Derek smiles and I roll my eyes. "The original deadline was set for two months time but with the recent success of the new single, we are thinking of cutting that time in half."

Maxine lets out a groan.

"That doesn't change the timeline for the tour but it means that we get to work more on the new image and music. Promotion is something that you don't need as everyone will buy your music anyways but we still need to keep viewers engaged so we're booking in more interviews in Europe."

Our meeting continues for another twenty minutes before we're able to take a break and thank God for postmates because our food arrived just in time. I am a little more conscious of what I am putting in my body because I am on a new fitness journey but I do like to indulge every once in a while.