Chapter one: The bullet

Hey everyone. I have so many amazing ideas for this fic and I'm sure it'll be great! I'm so excited for this journey and I hope y'all will enjoy this story. The first part is just the scene from the show mostly, but it's important for context yk so I don't just start in the middle. I'm used to ao3, so I'm still trying to get to know wattpad. Also my first language isn't english so if you see any mistakes please tell me, but be nice about it. There'll be a LOT of angst in this fic, but dw it will have a happy ending and Clexa IS endgame in it and they will have fluffy/happy moments in between the angst. I think that's it. Good luck.

Clarke is gazing upon the sleeping girl beside her. The brown hair spread out on the pillow, eyes closed and her soft mouth slightly agape. She knows she needs to leave soon if she wants to make it to Arkadia before the blockade goes into position, but it's hard when Lexa looks so sweet in her sleep.

Clarke gives her a small kiss on the forehead before getting out of bed, Lexa mumbles in her sleep, but luckily doesn't wake up. Clarke knows that the girl needs her rest, she works too hard and too much. Clarke also doesn't know if she'd be able to leave if she said goodbye.

With a last look at Lexa, she quickly gets dressed and leaves the room.

The blonde girl walks to her own room – the one she's been assigned while staying here – not really paying attention as she walks in, until she sees something that makes her double check because she must be seeing things... But no, it's exactly what it looks like. Murphy is in her room, chained to a chair, he's unconscious and she can clearly see he's been taking more than a few beatings. What happened to him?

She runs over to the chair and starts tugging at the chains, trying to find a way to get them off. When she hears a voice; "he's alive"

titus

Now Clarke is even more confused... What's going on? Why does Murphy look like that and what does Titus have to do with it?

"What did you do to my friend?"

"Your friend was caught stealing from people on their way to Polis"

Clarke is about the answer, when she hears groans beside her. She turns her head and sees Murphy waking up.

"Hey, hey. You're okay" she says in a calming voice as she begins to untie the gag.

"Please don't do that" Titus interrupts before she can even get it off.

She hears a sound of metal and looks down at his hands as Titus takes out a gun. Her eyes widen as she slowly stands up from where she's been crouching in front of Murphy, holding her hands up in surrender.

"Titus, what is this about?" she asks, willing her voice not to shake as she backs away from him, he takes a few steps towards her.

"I'm sorry it had to come to this, Clarke... Truly I am" the worst part is, he does sound sorry. What kind of psycho is this man?

She thinks of what she can say. Anything to make him not kill her. Yelling would be a bad idea, she doesn't know if anyone could hear her or if they'd even help, probably not, and even if anyone hears and wants to help, he can shoot her before they can even get into the room.. so instead she says "I'm leaving. Right now." God she hopes this works, it has to. "Octavia is waiting for me, just let me take Murphy and we'll go." She knows she sounds like she's begging, but she doesn't even care at this point. It's either that or dying, and she's not ready to die. Not yet.

"Wish I could" he says and she feels her heart sinking to the bottom of her stomach. "Lexa will never execute her duty while you live!" He raises the gun, pointing it at her.

She feels her heart and breathing pick up, but now it's not only because of the gun pointed at her, but also because of the girl sound asleep not far from here. She won't be used as a way to control Lexa, she can't. Love has already been used against the brunette once before, she can't be the reason Lexa once again closes herself off to love.