Chaper four: War

Okay so first I need to say, a few things have been changed from canon in this chapter. Lincoln didn't get killed, the group and Octavia stayed in Arkadia to find a way out of Pike's mess so they're still in Arkadia. But yeah, basically, a few things have been changed, just so y'all won't be confused.

Also sorry about the late update. I started at bording school again and I've been SO BUSY, but I'll try to write more often.

____________________________________

"What do you mean she left?!" Lexa asks, keeping her voice calm and neutral, despite the bile rising up in her throat.

She knew Clarke was going to leave, but she didn't realize she wouldn't even get to say goodbye. She really thought she had time to come up with a plan, keeping Clarke away from Arkadia. What is she going to do now? She knows that the war against Skaikru has to happen now before her people turn against her (for good reason) but she can't lead war upon a place where the love of her life is. She can't lose the girl she loves, not again.

"She took a horse and left," the guard says, shifting his weight from one foot to the other, nervously. "She asked where you were and we did inform her, but then she went to the stables, asked for a horse and left. I apologize Heda, I didn't know if you'd have wanted us to stop her or not."

Lexa feels all blood drain from her face. Clarke heard. Clarke knows. She's never going to forgive Lexa for this, it was hard enough to get Clarke to forgive her after mount weather, now it'll be impossible.

She swallows and makes sure no emotion shows on her face as she turns to the guard, "alright, thank you for informing me. Inform the army that we'll be leaving by sundown. You are dismissed"

The guard nods, "Sha, Heda." He turns to leave, but then turns back around, "apologies, Heda, but I forgot to ask. What are we to do with the prisoner?"

"For now he is to stay in his cell, when anything is decided about him, I will let you know."

He nods, turns around and with that he leaves, so now it is only her and Indra in the room again.

"What are you going to do, Heda?" The older woman asks her. "Are you going to let Clarke Kom Skaikru die with the rest of her people? It's what's best"

Lexa looks into Indra's eyes, "do not question my orders. I will be going with the army when they leave, I will be informing you of the plan tonight with the others."

§

Luckily Clarke had no issues getting through the barrier, probably because they know she'll be dead with the rest in a few days. She will fight for her people till her very last breath, some of them have done horrible things, but that does not mean everyone deserves to die.

"Open the gates!" She yells as she gets close enough for them to hear her.

Luckily the gates open without question, but as she slows down and rides inside Pike and a group is there waiting for her, guns raised at her chest.

"What makes you believe you're welcome here?" Pike asks.

"I have important information," she says. Clarke obviously doesn't trust Pike with this information, but for now she just needs to get in there and then she can deal with him later.

"Why would I need your information?" He asks, but she can see that he's considering it.

"Because it can mean your life or death, so if you don't want the information that's fine," She shrugs as if she doesn't care.

Clearly Pike is as easily manipulated as she thought he'd be, because he lowers his gun and tells the others to do the same. Clarke gets off her horse.

"What's this information then?" He asks.