Chapter three: A second betrayal

Hei guys,
Are y'all ready for the angst to begin bc this chapter will be what starts it all! From now on it'll be ROUGH for my girls. I'm wishing you luck ahaha.

Also I'm really sorry about not posting for a while, I've been so extremely busy with moving countries, trynna find a job, the christmas holidays, seeing everyone after being gone for half a year etc. Hopefully I'll have more time now, though I'm still applying for jobs so that'll of course come first.
Well let's just begin, shall we?

Hope you like it.

Chapter warnings:

Nothing, but lemme know if I missed anything.

_________________________________________________

It all started out as a completely normal day, Clarke would never have thought anything amiss.

"Hey, love" Lexa says as she enters the room with two plates of food for breakfast, pushing the door open with her hip, which is so very hot, Clarke thinks to herself. When Lexa is almost at the bed, Clarke removes those thoughts from her head and begins to get up, "no" Lexa says quickly, making the younger girl stop in her tracks.

"Lexa, I'm better. If you're never going to let me move myself, I won't ever. I've literally healed, I'm fine!" Clarke complains.

Lexa lets out a small laugh, shaking her head, as she makes her way towards the bed. She kisses Clarke on the lips, setting down the plates on the bed and making her way under the covers herself, before finally saying, "I know. It wasn't that. I just thought we should have breakfast in bed. I've been really busy the last few days and I won't have any time today either, so I was thinking we should at least have breakfast together today. Plus you told me about bringing your loved one food in bed is a skaikru custom and I don't want you to lose your culture, Ai Gona."

"Ai hod yu in, so much" Clarke says, peppering kisses all over Lexa's face. The older girl laughs, her eyes are closed as she lets the blonde bombard her with kisses. Lexa's laugh is the most beautiful thing she's ever heard and she doesn't think she could ever get enough of it. She'd do anything in the world to hear this girl's laugh.

"Clarke! The food." Lexa gets out between laughs, but Clarke just presses her own lips against Lexa's quickly before sitting back against the wall.

Suddenly the thought hits her of how close she was to losing all of this. How one small bullet could have taken all of this away from them. If Lexa had come in just one second earlier or one second later, one of them could have been hit in a more crucial place. They were so lucky and Clarke is not going to take that for granted.

Her heart feels heavy and he throat closes up just by the thought of what could have happened, what almost happened.

"Are you okay?" Lexa asks.

Clarke somehow managed to speak trough the lump in her throat, though she can hear that he voice does sound off, "yeah, I'm fine." she says, smiling at the girl beside her.

"No, you aren't. You're crying, Niron. What's wrong? You can tell me."

"It's just my thoughts" she starts saying, using the heel of her hand to dry away the tears she hadn't noticed before. "Can we talk about something else, please?"

"Yes, of course." Lexa says "how do you like the food?"

"It's really good," she answers as she takes another bite.

"I'm glad."

"You said you were busy today, what are you gonna be doing all day?"

"Just meetings upon meetings, you know how it is."