With him

Hawks POV
I swiftly checked him into the hospital explaining everything that happened, well obviously not the part of me watching him through the street cams.

I was just walking and happened to see this.
Yup, just a normal guy.

I sat on the chair as I waited for the news. I wanted to hear them say, "He will be just fine sir" or something along those lines.

I waited.

1 hour later...

I sat on a stupid metal chair, probably one of the most uncomfortable ones ever. I sat there still waiting. God dammit, what's taking them so long. I want to open that f*cking door and check on him myself, but I know I would just be a hindrance.

This made me feel like a cat on a hot tin roof (anxious, frightened, etc.)

I was at my wits end, my brain could only think of one thing.

Him

All I could do was pray, even though I'm a narcist, I wanted to believe there was an otherworldly force controlling this world. I wanted to believe that karma would help him. He didn't deserve to die, if anything I should be the one on that hospital bed.

3 hours later...

"Sir, are you related to Todoroki Touya?" an old looking guy who I guessed was a doctor since he had an ID of the hospital on.

I quickly stood up.

"YES, HOW IS HE? IS HE OK? CAN I SEE H-" I was cut off by him responding with, "I'm sorry to tell you this but-" he paused

My heart sank as he paused.
no
no
no
no
no...

"He-he...he" I couldn't think straight. My mind is a blur. I don't know what the heck is happening as I feel the strength in my legs disappear. I fall to the ground barely stopping myself from hitting my head. I was semi-curled up, crying.

"Are you ok sir?" he starts to panic.

"Sir, Mr. Todoroki has unfortunately not fully recovered - it's not life threatening. Within a few days he should be fine, please don't worry." he informs me
I quickly stood up, grabbing him by the collar, "YOU THINK YOU COULDN'T HAVE WORDED THAT BETTER!?" I pause for a brief second, "I thought he- I thought he didn't" I couldn't even continue speaking that line. I don't know what I would've done if something did happen to him.
_____________________________________

DABI POV

I slowly open my eyes as my eyes hit a bright light, blinding me. I quickly block the light with my hand as I try to sit up.

My body feels weak.

My eyes slowly get adjusted to the light allowing me to make things out.

I mean to be in a hospital room.

Why?!

I'm on the hospital bed, I'm laying in it wearing the hospital gown. A hideous combination of green, blue and white.

I hear the door click as a nurse comes into the room,"I'm so glad you're awake, please lay down so your body shouldn't be put in stress."

I follow her instructions as she proceeds to get my blood drawn and check my heart rate.

"So ma'am, mind telling me why I'm he-" I didn't get to finish asking the question before my brain was swarmed with memories of what happened.

Hawks

"Could you tell me-" I try to ask her about him but she says, "You seem to be healthy for the most part, you should be able to get out of the hospital and go home in 4-6 days."

"Alright but could you tell me who brought me here?" I ask as I stare at her checking some charts.
She paused as she glanced down at me sitting in the bed.

"You mean Mr. Keigo?"

"Yes, where is he?"

I asked nervously, what if he was hurt, I mean I was his bodyguard.

"He is waiting outside, shall I call him in fo-"

"Yes please"

"Alright then" she said as she went outside and a moment later came back with Keigo. Thankfully unharmed.

Third person POV

"Dabi" Hawks says as he runs in and takes a sit on the bed, leaning in towards Dabi.

"I- I'm so glad you're alright" Hawks says as he struggles to find the words he wants to say.

"So am I" Dabi responds leaning back comfortably in the blue-green hospital pillow that he had positioned beforehand.

"Ha" Hawks chuckles as Dabi puts his hands behind his head, head tilted upwards, and faintly looks at Hawks with one eye.

"You look way too comfy for somebody who almost died" Hawks says as he looks at Dabi with a joking yet serious voice.

"Well" he says pausing for a brief moment, "We gotta live in the moment" he says as he looks away from Hawks, closing his eyes and crossing his arms.

There is a awkward moment of silence before Hawks finally speaks up, looking down as he slowly rambles

"You have no idea h-"

"Mr. Keigo! What a nice surprise." A unfamiliar voice interrupted them as they both face towards the door to see a somewhat handsome looking guy. He wore a navy overcoat with a white button-up. He looked as he saw he interrupted something that looked like an intimate moment. "I'm sorry for disturbing you, I'm your doctor Mr. Touya." He says as he bows slightly doing a small hand gesture getting.

"Ah, so you must be Dr. Clinton Robbs" Dabi says and he looks Clinton up and down.

"Yep, that's me. And as you can see" he continues, "I was just heading out since my shift is over."

"I'd forgotten you were a doctor" Hawks says

"Yep and I have some good news! You should be pretty much back to normal in a few weeks. One of our personal from the medicine team developed a medication that works wonders!" He pauses a moment to see Dabi and Hawks's face before continuing, "you should be discharged by the end of the week."