The Waiting Room (2)

Another day of school. Not a lot happens in Quill Academy, the school that Pendant and Carton attend. Pendant goes to her locker, only to meet the bane of her existence, Diary. She's one of those annoying popular kids at Quill Academy, always causing nothing but trouble. Diary usually hangs out with her friends, Spearmint, Matchbox, Oil Pastel, and Thread.

Spearmint is the closest to Diary. She often skips classes for fun along with the four, especially when it's math class. She always wears sunglasses for some reason, even indoors, even in the academy. Matchbox however, is a hothead. He's also probably the laziest of them all because he's always seen sleeping around and not doing the given seatworks. He also talks as if he's the superior one. Oil Pastel seems to be the calmest and nicest out of them all, as if they were just forced into the group of meanies. They really shouldn't be around them, they're a bad influence. Lastly, Thread. Well, not much is known about her. She always seems to be enigmatic and the most silent of them all. A goth lover too.

“Hey Pen-Pen! How'd your weekend go? Normal as ever? Why don't you go outside to get some fresh air lol.” Diary laughed at Pendant. She really can't escape Diary because they're locker neighbors. If being able to change locket locations is a thing, Pendant would choose to go miles away from Diary's locker. “I did, okay? Just leave me alone.” Pendant hissed. Of course, she didn't and continued being annoying. “Well you look like you didn't with that look on your face lol. Plus, you definitely aren't the type of person to go outside if you're friends with that weirdo Carton. Bah! Who even wanted to be friends with that creep?”

“He's not a creep, Diary! He's a nice guy, unlike you!”

“Woah! Acting rough-and-tough I see? Are you perhaps looking for a fight?”

Suddenly, Oil Pastel came in. Thank goodness. “Hey, Diary. We're being called into our dance practice thingy. We should go now, Ms. Chalk is getting angry.” Diary rolled her eyes away from Pendant and looked at Oil Pastel and crossed her arms. “Ugh, fine. Consider yourself lucky, Bozo Brain. This won't be the last time you'll see me!” Diary then walked away with Oil Pastel. Pendant sighed and continued to do her thing, getting her first period books out and going inside her class.

As always, Pendant's classroom is as messy and noisy as ever. It's always like this whenever it's before the flag ceremony, recess, lunch, or whenever the teacher's gone. Although, she really didn't mind the chaos but she would appreciate it if they tone it down a bit.

A few minutes later, Carton came in with a large eco bag and sat on his chair, which is next to Pendant's. “Yo Pen! Didn't expect you to be this early haha!” He said. She looked at his eco bag for a moment and asked, “Why do you have that thing?”

“What? Remember? Mr. Cobalt told us to bring materials to create an infographic about the atoms thingy!”

Oh shoot. Pendant said quietly. She looked at her other classmates, they all had their own materials. “Darn! I must've forgotten. May I at least borrow yours???” Pendant asked Carton nervously as he took a notebook out of his bag. “Hm? Oh, sure thing! I think I bought too much colored paper so you can have some of them.” Pendant sighed in relief. “Thanks, Carton. You're the best.”

After the flag ceremony, everyone went back into their classrooms. The first subject in Pendant's class is Science and Mr. Cobalt is the teacher. He's great, smart, and a funny guy, although he becomes scary when angry. “Good morning class!” Mr. Cobalt greeted the class enthusiastically. “So I told you people to bring art materials, yes? Well, we'll do them later but for now, here's our topic for today.”

Mr. Cobalt's voice is starting to become inaudible, and Pendant's eyes are feeling heavy. That's weird, she normally doesn't sleep at class. So she tried to hold herself together, but still couldn't and fell asleep.

Pendant found herself lost within the garden's ruins. Broken arches, decaying benches, and withered leaves and flowers everywhere. The garden is really big, so it's possible for someone to get lost here. “Amulet, where are you?” Pendant called for her sister. She continued to run in circles, hoping to find her sister and head for the exit of this long-lost garden. The air is starting to thicken. Pendant continued to run around and call her sister's name, till she stopped by something glowing in the distance. A rose. It's blooming well, vibrant, and glowing for some reason. Curious, she walked towards the rose and examined it. It seemed to be no ordinary flower, so she tried to pluck it. But when she did, everything in the garden started to become black, the sky became dark, and specters with an ominous purple aura emerged from the ground. Pendant was frozen in place, not knowing what to do. There's nowhere to run nor hide. The purple specters lunged towards her as she screamed.

“AH!” Pendant screamed, causing everyone in class to look at her. “Is everything okay there, Ms. Pendant?” Mr. Cobalt asked concerningly. She looks down to her desk. “N-Nothing. I'm sorry.” Then he continued with his discussion. It was a short nap, but fell into an odd dream. What was that all about? And when did she have a sister named Amulet? She tried to shake it off and just listen to the teacher.