Chapter 3

After a long and tiring week, I finally made it to the weekend! My first weekend on campus all settled in, it's kind of exciting. Except that I shouldn't experience anything fun since I have to study for anatomy. I grumbled at the thought as I sunk out of bed to start the day. Pulling out of my computer, I cracked my knuckles and began to review the Chapter 1 Anatomy slides. Before I could make any progress, my phone dinged. Sighing at the interruption, I ignored it and continued on. Distractions are something I can't afford this year.

A couple seconds later, my phone dinged again. Then again. Then my phone rang indicating that this person was now calling me. By then I was fuming. I snatched my phone and angrily answered:

" What!?" I snapped. " What could possibly be so damn important, I'm trying to study so I dont fucking fail anatomy!!" I heard a chuckle over the phone.

" Jeez Kate, It's only the first weekend of school, you don't need to be that uptight and stressed." It was Evan. Shit. Now I feel bad, he's been so kind to me ever since I got here. It really is a blessing to have someone like him in my life, especially now.

" Shit, I'm sorry Evan." I laughed sheepishly. " I don't know why I'm working this hard, it is only the first weekend." Part of me doesn't want to do work because it's so early in the semester, but then the other part wants me to go all out right this moment so the first Anatomy exam doesn't creep up on me when I'm unprepared.

" Haha, it's all good. I was just calling to see if you wanted to go to the first football game of the season with me. It starts at 5 and I know how much you like sunsets, so you should come." Me and Evan bonded a lot throughout the first week of college. We would get something to eat every day together and do slight studying as well. We talked about a lot, like how he plays soccer, is italian and the similar video games that we play together. On my side I got to explain to him the breathtaking feeling I get when I see a sunset, hoping he was as passionate about it as I was. It's something special to me and I suppose he did pick up on that damn quick, even if it was a random piece of information. So he was right, I should go to a football game and enjoy a little of campus life. Especially right around sunset time, it would be perfect.

" Alright, I'll go. But I have to go to church quickly at 3. Meet you there?" Yes, what a shock, I am also a catholic in a catholic university.

" Wonderful, see you soon then." He paused. " Just don't work too hard, there's no reason to right now. I get that you want to do good, but remember we both are in the same boat so don't do all the stressing out by yourself this soon ok?" I can name a singular reason why I need to work hard as soon as possible; Mom.

" I know I know, I appreciate the advice. I'll be fine and we both will pass Anatomy!" I reassured as he laughed, then hung up. I sighed and rubbed my head. What am I all worked up for? I looked back down at my phone and saw a text from Mom. I inhaled and exhaled sharply and checked what it said, not really wanting to.

" Hey Kate, hope your first week went well! Give me a call when you get a chance!Miss you."

Well at least she didn't send me a long paragraph. I smiled and replied with a "Call later, enjoying campus life." It's best to keep these texts short, I can talk to her tonight after the game. I then silenced my phone and went to make myself some Captain Crunch for breakfast.

After completing some homework and relaxing for the night, I headed onto campus to go to church. Today specifically, it's called mass on the grass because it's the start of the semester. Usually I don't like going to modern churches like these, but it's outside of the chapel for this weekend, so it should be nice and different. I love being outside, especially on campus. It's really nice to smell that freshly cut grass and be able to look up at the sky to see all of those fluffy white clouds in beautiful patterns. It's my second favorite feeling aside from a sunset. Makes you feel like you're on an adventure, which I guess I kinda am.