Prologue

"Why wouldn't dad want you to move in with us?" Shawn asked as I helped him move his final box into the apartment he, our half brother Jack, and Eric were moving into.

I looked over my shoulder before leaning close to Shawn and whispering, "Do you honestly think he wants me living with Eric?"

"Kate, you know dad loves Eric and he'd love to see you two together."

"SH!" I snapped, covering Shawn's mouth just as Eric and Jack walked in.

"Ah, look at that twin love," Eric said, sarcastically, before taking his boxes to his rooms. Jack placed his down on the couch before looking at Shawn and I suspiciously.

"Katelyn has a crush on Eric," he concluded. Shawn, who still had my hand over his mouth, nodded. "Thought so."

"How did you know?!" I asked.

At the same time, I was sure it was pretty obvious. Obvious to everyone except Eric.

Cory, his brother, was the first to know. He started to become suspicious when I started coming over to his house randomly without Shawn. Usually, both Shawn and I would visit and whenever Shawn was busy, I was at the trailer park. But soon, I started visiting whether it was with or without Shawn. At first, Cory thought it was because I liked HIM. It wasn't until one day during our freshman year when he came home and found me crying on his couch after catching Eric making out with some senior girl that he realized the truth.

Shawn took a bit longer to realize. Actually, it was after the Make Out Incident (aka what Cory and Shawn have dubbed when I walked in on Eric making out with a senior girl), when Cory took me home and told Shawn what happened. It took both myself and Cory locking Shawn in the trailer to keep him from killing Eric.

It took dad one glance. When we had the Matthews over to Thanksgiving and Eric and I ended up sitting together while mom had a little meltdown. Dad heard me laugh, seen it was Eric that making me laugh harder than I had ever laughed before, and he knew. Every since, dad has been saying that he was fine with me dating Eric because Eric was a sweet guy, and he'd treat me better than anyone at the trailer park and blah, blah, blah.

"It's pretty obvious," Jack said, voicing my thoughts.

Shawn smacked my hand away from his mouth just as Eric came back into the living room.

"Aw, KittyKat," he said, slinging his arm over my shoulder. "I wish you could stay with us. You and Shawn pretty much lived at the house with us."

"I know, what are you gonna do without me?" I teased.

"Are you sure you don't want Shawn and I to ask dad?" Jack asked.

"You can ask all you want. Dad does not want me living with boys." I looked up at Eric. "Well, with Eric."

"Why?"

I looked at Shawn for help. What was I supposed to say? 'He doesn't want me living with you cause I a huge crush on you'? Yeah, I don't think so.

"It's dad nature," said Jack instead. "Maybe in a few months or something. But, for now, maybe it's a good idea for you to be living with dad."

I understood what Jack meant. I knew how painful it would be to live with Eric and watch him with other girls. Living with dad was probably the best idea. For now, anyways.

I mouthed a thank you to Jack before pulling away from Eric.

"I better get home. I'll stop by after school tomorrow, okay?" I said.

"I might be at school," Jack said.

"I might be with Angela," Shawn added.

"I'll be here," Eric shrugged.

Both Shawn and Jack looked at me with a smirk. "Perfect."

I rolled my eyes and walked out of their apartment, secretly celebrating that I was more than likely going to be alone with Eric the next day.

**********

So, what do you guys think?