Ashley Waters

This is my first ever made fanfic trailer. I tried yall.😂 I hope yall like it. Btw the chapters isn't edited so there will be mistakes here and there. I will be editing them once the book is finished.

They are her hearts desire

The familiar sound of a smack flew through the air as my head jerked to the left from the quick assault. Before I could raise my hand to rub my cheek, it was smacked away and very roughly, my mother grabbed ahold of my face making sure to dig her nails into my skin. I winced at the pain but stayed silent.

"This is your fault. If your father doesn't send you away like he said he is, I'm going to do everything in my power to make your life as miserable as you have made mines and Marie's." She sneered into my ear, pressing her nails as deep as she could go. The pain was tolerable since it was nothing new to me however it hurts me more to know that she hates me and enjoys putting me through pain. The abuse started 3 years ago when she became sick and to this day, I don't know what happened to make her focus every last one of her frustrations on me.  "Get out of my face." She pushed me away causing me to stumble, but I righted myself before I could fall.

I ran upstairs just as the water works I tried so hard to hold back began, little by little small droplets of salty water slid down my cheeks leaving behind a messy trail. Once safely in my room, I packed away what little belongings I had while silently crying to myself. Due to my little slip up at school today, we were moving away to another state to start over and we were leaving tonight.

A knock at my door called my attention to it as I froze holding my diary, placing it in the box, I then swiped at my face clearing away the evidence of me crying. The door opened and I turned to find my father standing there with a blank face, I wasn't surprised, he made sure to show as little emotion as he could when he was around me. "Tonight when I pull up to the new house, stay in the car because you will be going elsewhere." That's all he had shared in his monotone voice before turning on his heels and shutting the door behind him.

I stared at the door for a few moments then glanced down at my shoes before looking to the box and suitcase filled with my stuff with a sigh. Hopefully wherever I am going be better than this. I finished up packing then went downstairs  ready to load my things into the car. On my way down, I passed Marie who gave me her famous scowl as she talked to whoever she had on her phone.

Walking through the front door, I headed towards the car placing my things in the trunk then quietly opening the door to get in the backseat. My father sat in the driver's seat emotionless and staring out at the neighbor's houses while we waited for Marie and my mother. Sooner rather than later, they both came walking out with a few things in their hand getting into the car. My father started up the car then drove off starting the long journey ahead of us. I thought about taking a nap but then I didn't want to wake up to Marie's schemes to get me down so I stayed awake for the first few hours of the ride and decided to take a few naps wherever Marie would be asleep.

The car ride was quiet in a way that made me nervous, it was never this quiet during any of our long trips because it would either be Marie talking loudly on her phone or my mother looking to find any chance to yell or sneer at me for having done something wrong, yet this time, neither was talking. I frowned as I looked on out the window.

Hours upon hours, my father drove until he made it somewhere he decided would be a good rest point for a few minutes. Mother and Marie got out of the car to go release themselves then I along with father went afterwards when they had made it back. When we both had found ourselves back at the car, my father started the car again and pulled back onto the road. Again he drove for hours straight without rest until we had made it to the state in which we would be living in, South Carolina. We had only a little while left to go before Marie and Mother would be getting dropped off at the new house and father would be taking me to some place else.