00

T H E
B E G I N N I N G

Artemis had just gotten off of a case, which hit him hard. He just wanted it to be over, to go home and cuddle his boyfriend. He wanted to light his pumpkin candles while eating an entire tub of ice cream instead of actual dinner.

He turns his keys, opening the door to his apartment. The atmosphere was calming and lovely.

There were plenty of plants everywhere and two adorable ginger cats. Artemis bends down to pet the soft kittens.

One cat was named Pickles, while the other was named Gizmo. He knew the names were strange, but he didn't care. These cats were the light of Artemis's life, other than his boyfriend, of course.

Terry Nevins was the best boyfriend anyone could ask for. At least, not behind closed doors.

The man was a walking red flag, but Artemis didn't care. He was the first person to really "love" him. The relationship was good for the first 3 months, while they were in the honeymoon phase.

Unfortunately, not everything lasts forever.

Eventually, Terry became aggressive. Artemis occasionally showed up to work with bruises on his face or other places. He'd always brushed it off, never telling anyone about the events that would take place before.

As Artemis sat on a chair in front of a fire, he'd thought about everything that took place before the world ended. He'd wondered if he'd ever see Terry or anyone else ever again.

He stared into the fire until a fellow campmate pulled him out of his thoughts. He smiled at them, and they got to talking.

He never wanted this to end.

-----

okay, I know that this is short, but I put a lot of time into making sure this sounded good. it is proofread, and I hope it makes sense

also, does anyone notice the Sally Face reference?

and I will be keeping the cats in the story because my friend was upset that I was going to leave them out of this.

hope yall enjoy.