Lotus Thief

It was late when the sun finally fell and darkness arrived in the city of Megapolis. The streets had long since emptied out and stall lights began to flicker off one by one. All but a single home, illuminating the road in a yellowish glow.

Megapolis Orphanage.

The only one within the entire city, housing a scarce number of children. 

From the shadows of an alley not far away, a figure emerged. Clad in a dark cloak, bright highlights of red and pink would peek out from time to time. In their arms was a small bundle, held securely.

The man stepped out slowly into the light, mindful of the area as he took a second glance over. There was a hesitation in his movements- A moment of doubt as he glanced down at the cargo he bared. "...For your safety," he reminded himself.

A few more steps and he stood before the orphanage. He exhaled deeply, hunching over to lower the precious cargo he had in his grasp. It was a larger hand woven basket, lined with a soft blanket to cushion what lay within.

A human child.

Not much older than a few hours.

In a moment of crystallized time, the hooded figure examined the infant more closely. So tiny, with rounded cheeks and brown hair messily falling in front of his face. There was a softness to his skin, untouched by the sun and elements. Around his neck, a simple pendant that had been placed beforehand.

A necklace that will never nor should ever be removed. An enchantment has been placed upon this pendant as a sort of persuasion- convincing all who laid their eyes upon it to turn away. That the Pendant wasn't important and thus shouldn't be touched.

He hoped this would be enough to keep this infant hidden.

The forlorn figure sighed, "There." he gestured to the building behind the child. "Now your journey may begin." his voice grew quiet, glancing from side to side once more. Taking his time, he knelt beside the infant.They slept rather peacefully throughout the journey here, never once stirring.

The figure couldn't help but feel... sad, at how things were turning out.

"You'll find a warm home. You'll be happy, I'm sure. Fulfilled and loved." he patted the child's head. Their time together was short, but valued.

Something about one so innocent and pure tended to put many things in perspective. Tilting his head back, the hooded figure eyed the stars above. He agreed to this task, but realized only now of its consequences.

Should his actions ever be revealed, he would surely suffer a thousand deaths by the hand of the King himself. Though even if he managed to avoid that death, the Emperor would have his head.

All paths lead to the same fate of demise. An ending he deserved for his play in all this.

He had been given a single mission- entrusted to him by the highest officials of the Celestial Court. His loyalty was being tested on this day.

"Nezha...Steal yourself unto Flower Fruit Mountain before the Stone Monkey's return. When the children are born, take one with you from that place. Ensure you are not detected. When you are safely away may your blade pierce the child's heart swiftly and without pain, Oh Lotus Prince."

Nezha shuddered, eyes squeezing shut in dismay. Yes, that's right. His mission was to kill one of the two offspring of the mighty Sun Wukong while he was away from the mountain with his Mate. It had been an elaborate ruse, concocted by the Jade Emperor himself.

A false agreement to peace, if Sun Wukong simply laid down his Staff for good. Should the King do that, the Celestial Court would never bother him or his allies again.