When you know, you know.

It was a regular day when Pigsy first noticed it- the way MK stared. MK always stared at them. It was like he had something to say but was too nervous to actually do it.

It had been the third time Pigsy had noticed MK staring at him as he made dinner that he worked up the courage to call the boy. "MK." He says, opening the drawer below the sink to pull out a small wrapped gift. The child flinched, his back shooting to attention.

"Yes?" He asked. When gestured to come closer, he approached quietly.

"Here." Pigsy offered him the gift. Puzzled, MK tore it open without a second thought, unfolding the fabric that lay below the gift wrapping. It was a matching apron to Pigsy, fitting MK perfectly.

The boy's eyes were doubling in size, tossing the wrapping into the trash to hold the new outfit out. He basked in how it shined white.

"Is this for me??" He asked. Pigsy nodded, avoiding his gaze when he felt sheepish.

"Y-Yeah. You like it?" The older man asked, nervous this wasn't exactly something a 12-year-old would like. Nor did he want to push his own business and way of life onto the kid- he just thought maybe they could bond in it a little-

"I love it!" MK was squealing, spinning. He was scrambling to put it on, tying it around his waist. Having heard his yell, Sandy was leaning over to peer into the kitchen. He had been busy at work designing some schematics, pausing to gawk at them.

"MK!' He bolstered, "Looking snazzy!" His expression melted into something softer, "Aww, you two are wearing matches~" he cooed, lifting his phone to take a picture.

"S-Sandy." MK and Pigsy mimicked each other in how red their cheeks got. They shared small looks, slowly shuffling closer to give little shy small smiles to the camera. Once Sandy was satisfied, he chuckled.

"Aww, Father, and Son, taking on the food industry together~" He seemed to so casually say what the other two had been wanting to, but had been too afraid to try.

Stunned, MK gasped a little. "I-I mean..." He glanced at Pigsy for a moment to gauge his reaction, "I don't know anything about cooking. Wouldn't be a very good... Partner." He didn't deny what Sandy said, at least, not about being Father and Son.

"Oh, that- that ain't a big deal," Pigsy assured him. He swallowed, stepping back to gesture to the oven. "I can teach ya. Show you the ropes. I-If you want?" He offered. Like a flickering flame, MK's smile came to life.

"Really?"

"Yeah." Pigsy felt himself smile back, "Here, come here Champ. Let me show you the ropes." He gestured for MK to come closer. When the child did, he settled his hand on his shoulders. "Okay, first thing first. You gotta get into the right headspace." He turned them away from Sandy, who watched the two with the brightest grin.

Knowing he would love these, he was already sending the photos to Tang.

"Headspace?"

"Here at Pigsy's Noodles, we make every meal with the utmost care." Pigsy's voice was getting distant, sage-like when it came to talking about noodles and his craft. "We aren't just making a meal. We are creating someone's journey home. When they eat these noodles, I want them to carry a bit of it with them forever."

This sort of ideal seemed to fly over the child's head, but he nodded anyway, taking it that Pigsy just really loved food.

"I think I get it." MK pressed closer, peering over Pigsy to watch him make the broth. The smells filled his shop in a delightful aroma. The spices and ingredients culminating in the care Pigsy put into it.