1 roman

Roman was tied up. He could feel that much. But he couldn't see.

There wasn't anything covering his eyes, but the room he was in was definitely too dark for anyone to see. He started struggling to get free, but to no avail. Then he heard a soft sound, like paws on concrete. he was startled by large, purple cat eyes staring at him from the floor.

The creature meowed and jumped up onto Roman's lap. It kept looking at him, just staring. Then, without warning, the animal started yowling at the top of its lungs. Roman tried to shut it up, but he couldn't. Then he heard footsteps coming to the door. He was scared, which doesn't happen often. He was stuck, and the person on the other side of the door wasn't, and if he decided to hurt Roman, he could.

The door opened with a creak. Roman had hoped that light would come in, but outside the door was just as dark. The person walked into the room slowly. "Oh, good, you're awake. Thank you for calling me, Virgil." He had a smooth voice, like a waterfall, smooth but powerful, and he dragged out his sentences. The cat ‐ Roman had decided it was a cat - gave a soft mrow of satisfaction. "W-who are you, and what do you want?" Roman demanded. "Wow, not even a thanksss? I saved you, you know. " Roman had a hard time believing that. "As for who I am, you may call me Janusssss. Who are you?" Roman scoffed. "You kidnapped me, but you don't even know who I am?" Roman asked. Janus sighed. "Like I ssaid, I saved you. I did not mean to kidnap you, but you were already kidnapped, I just fought off your captures." Janus sounded annoyed at having to explain himself again.

"Why is it so dark?" Roman decided to ask questions, if he was going to be stuck here anyway. "Dark? Oh, sorry." Roman heard a snap! And the lights came on.

Roman blinked in the new light, seeing the room for the first time. The walls were white with gold accents. The door that Janus came from was a dark oak color. As for Janus himself, he was tall, wearing a dark purple vest under a black cape with gold edges and a gold chain. He had a black Bolers hat on his head, which was tilted down, so Roman couldn't see his face. The cat, Virgil, was sitting on the floor nearby. Entirely black besides his unnerving purple eyes. "Better?" Janus looked up, and Roman gasped. Half of Janus's face was covered in scales. "Whatssss wrong? Never ssseen a sssnake human before?" Roman was speechless. Janus rolled his eyes, then looked at Virgil like; can you believe this guy? Virgil just licked his paw.

"Alright," Janus bent down to pet the cat on the head. "Time to change back, I don't want to talk to him alone." Virgil purred at the touch, then braced itself and lept at Roman.

Before he could flinch, the cat shifted into a man with purple tiped hair and wearing a purple shirt. He shook his head as if to get the cat out of his brain. Hos and Romas' faces were inches apart. "Sup?"

So, what do you think? If there are any spelling errors or inconsistencies, or sentences/words you think might work better, Please tell me, I'm always trying to improve. even if it's just that you don't like the flow