chapter_01

3rd POV:

Red...it's all anyone could see...

Red smoke covered the skies, the same way crimson blood now stained the ground....a fight, no, war was taking place here.

Here, at the gates of the so-called 'City of Progress'...Piltover.

If only they could see the people that swore to protect them, taking the lives of others without a second thought, some with glee even...If only they cared.

Bodies upon bodies, now covered the bridge that connected Zaun and Piltover. A thick sheet of fog, now covering most of the horrors, save for the frequent explosion or the flashing light of gunshots provided.

"Dear friend, across the river."

"My hands are cold and bare."

"I'll take what you can spare..."

In the midst of all this chaos, misery and carnage, a merely voice of a young child could be heard singing, amongst the fighting.

"I ask of you a penny,"

"Our homes are built of stone."

Two sisters, the oldest one guiding the other with her hand, while the youngest child sang to try and drown the horrors that were unfolding around them, covering her eyes as to not be stained by it

"So come across the river "

In war, it was widely known that there was no such thing as a winning side, just who was left to rebuild. Friends were lost, lovers brutally separated, families exterminated And of course...

"And find..."

Parents would be removed from their children's lives.

The youngest kid stopped her song the moment she noticed her sister stopped walking anymore. Slowly, she moved her hand away to see what was happening, only to find her sister's devastated expression, staring at the scene before them.

She gasped once the destruction came into view and felt her sister's hand tightening her grip....until...

A figure emerged from the smoke...an Enforcer.

The girls gasped, and the oldest one pushed the other behind her in an attempt to protect her.

The Enforcer slowly raised his weapon at them, ready to fire at them, without hesitation or remorse whatsoever.

Until out of nowhere, a chain wrapped around his weapon and was snatched out of his hands.

The Enforcer was then met with a chained fist to the face, a figure is seen swinging their fists at the man with brutal force.

Quickly, the sisters hugged each other to shield themselves from this. Clashes were heard and then...silence.

???: You two okay?