CHAPTER THIRTY ONE {Aurelia}

After the dinner disaster Ivan kept texting me to meet up at a cafe. I knew Dominic wouldn't like that but I had to hear what Ivan had to say. He's still my friend and what could go wrong. Dominic had left for work and I was the only left in the house. The house was so big that sometimes I get bored. I decided to tell Dominic first. I dialed his number. "Hello" His crisp tone made its way through the phone and became music to my ears. "It's me" My voice wobbled. Silence. Dominic didn't like to be interrupted. "Sorry did I interrupt?" My teeth dug into my bottom lip out of nervousness. "It was a meeting but it's okay anything is worth interrupting when it comes to you" Butterflies set free. "Mr Dominic would you stop romantisizing me I have something to tell you" I heard his boyish chuckle through the line. Rip. The. Bandage. Fuck it here we go. "I'm going to meet up with Ivan" Intoxicating silence. "Okay go" Did the sky open up and reveal angels? Did a banana become flat? I thought him saying yes to this was impossible. He never fails to surprise me. "Are you sure?" I asked. Maybe aliens came to earth and replaced him with another form of himself. More pleasing perhaps. "Yeah. Like you said he's your friend so go. I have a meeting but see you at home" He hung up. Wow. Well that was unexpected.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
I got in the car with the new driver. For some reason Albert had left and now there was Bob. I honestly missed Albert because he was always so sweet to me. Bob drove to the highway. Ivan might hate me now and it's all my fault. If I had been a better friend this wouldn't have happened. In high school when rumors of my SMI leaked and everyone looked at me like I was a freak he was the only one who treated me like a human being with dignity. My mind rushed into flash backs.

I walked to my locker. Everybody looked at me disgusted. Ofcourse this was high school everyone will always discriminate you to feel better about their own shitty lifes. Nobody is who they seem. I opened my locker and a post came out. Another hate letter? I picked it up and started reading. My heartbeat increased as I read it. Hello Aurelia. My name's Ivan and we have art class together. I saw how everyone treated you and it was fucked up. Just so you know I think you're awesome. I hope you won't get offended but I stalk you like everyday. I stalk you when you read your fiction books , when you swim , pay attention to class. I know it's creepy especially the swimming part but you have to understand that I did it because you're amazing. I think you're beautiful and smart. You will always be a hundred times better than all the girls combined in this school in my eyes. So I guess what  I'm trying to say is that I want to be you're friend. Let's talk now because I'm right behind you waiting anxiously.

I turned around and there he was. Smiling at me warmly. This is real. Someone actually wants to be my friend. "What do you say?" He asked nervously. He's nervous. That's cute. "Yes"

That's how we became friends. He will always be the kind of friend that makes me happy. That's the kind of friend that can never be replaced. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I felt a tug on my shoulder. I opened my eyes. "Get out we're here" Bob mumbled. Bob was a bit of a jerk. Albert would've asked to help me out the car. I examined him. Honestly Bob was attractive. Wavy brown hair , broad shoulders , forest green eyes , veined arms. Too bad about his manners. Any woman would die to have him. I got out of the car when his frown increased. Calm down dude. I stared at the cafe. I made my way in. And there he was. He examined me as I sat down on the table. "Hey Ivan" He smiled at me and stretched out his arm. He reached to my face but I arched back. He scoffed angrily. "I can't even touch you now" Ofcourse he can't touch me. The thing is that I imagine Dominic watching us the whole time. "I understand you're upset Ivan__"
"Do you though?" He interrupted. I sensed he wasn't just upset, he was raging right now. "You just don't understand Aurelia. I'm just gonna say it. I want you to file a divorce on him cause I just know he's trouble" Ivan doesn't know that it was an arrangement in the first place. I can't have him know. "Ivan why do you want me to file a divorce on him?" Nothing is adding up. Suddenly it sounded suspicious. "You want to know why? I'll tell you. It's because I___ I love you and I hate the way I do. Ever since you left I've been a mess. I just can't see you happy with anyone else. We belong together. The moment I saw you I just knew you were special. You are so fucking great. Please give me a chance I'm so madly in love with you" Everything faded. My head started spinning. But it all made sense. Ivan had defended me when everyone threw me away. He was always there when I needed him. Then hit me. I lost my friend. I want my friend back. He cupped my face and I let him. "One day you'll realize that he doesn't deserve you" I swung his arm away.He flinched at the movement. "You can't love me. You just can't because it's so wrong. I'm begging you____ stay away from me" His eyes turned a bit red. Were those tears. I hurt him. "You know Aurelia I can't say no to you but I swear I won't give up until you're mine" My head started spinning. I needed ____ oh my God. My head hurts. I needed water  ___ to swim. Fuck no. My vision blurred before my head hit the ground and everything was black. Finally silence.