[05] Eight of Diamonds (3) {Side Story: Ace of Spades}

-Kara's POV-

Aitsuki Kara
18 Years Old
High-school Student

The following side-story comes from Kara's first Game
A of ♤

Mishika held my hand as we further roamed outside the facility. I'm still confused about what had happened to the entire Tokyo.

"So, what happened?" I said.

"Well, nobody still knows why the people disappeared. But there are some answers." She said.

I glanced at the two men, they were relieved from the situation. There, I could fully see their silhouettes. Both of them are middle-aged with the man having a white jacket while the other man having a white polo shirt. It was as though they were a team.

"I told you earlier to listen to us." the other man said.

"Huh, I wonder what game we're going to play this time?" The other asked.

"Game?"

"Once you have joined this world. The games don't stop there." Mishika replied.

'What the hell have I gone into...'

'I was just in my room trying to study and then...'

'The fireworks...'

I strolled around the front of the facility, only to find 2 phones at the top of a white table.

One per Person

Mishika grabbed the pair and gave one to me. "You first need to register in order for the game to commence."

"W-Wait what do you mean by hurt? A-Are these games child-games?" I turned and asked the man.

"You lose, you die kid. One time, one chance." The man said.

My body trembled, only to realize that I fell into a death trap.

'Where the hell did my own world fall through...'

Mishika held my hand again as if she knew that I was uneasy. "Let's do this together, okay." she said.

I slowly grabbed her phone and it automatically registered through facial recognition. She soon followed afterwards.

Registration is now Closed
There are Currently 4 Participants
The Game is about to Commence

"Shit, there are two kids that are about to be playing... I hope this is not Hearts." Said the other man.

'Hearts? What does this all mean?' I reckon.

Difficulty: A of ♤
Game: Plug

"Ace of Spades?" I said.

"The cards represent the difficulty of the game, the higher the number the more difficult it gets, the suit on the other hand represents the genre of the game: spades-physical, clubs-balanced, diamonds-intellect and hearts are for psychological, the hardest of them all." Mishika replied.

"Ace is the easiest of the bunch, kid." The man said.

"And Spades, it's very straightforward." The other said.

"We'll pass through, teamwork is all that is needed." Mishika said while her eyes looked onto mine.

I felt something I couldn't describe, it was though, that my heart couldn't accept it if I were to lose her again.

"Please enter the facility for the game to commence." The announcer announced.

"But still, kids, in a deathmatch? That's messed up." The man added.