Chapter 1: Heedless

(READERS DESCRETION ADVISED: This fanfiction can be graphic, you have been warned. This Gaara fanfiction is specifically for Gaara not Gaara and Kankuro with Sakura (not Haruno) thanks for reading) 

Within the vast expanse of the cosmos lies a unique planet inhabited by humans who possess the extraordinary ability to harness their chakra, thereby wielding materialistic powers beyond imagination. However, among these gifted individuals are those born without such unique skills. In this world, one civilization stands out—the Land of Wind. This arid nation is nestled within miles of sprawling desert sands stretching its borders. Cradled within this formidable terrain is the capital village known as Sunagakure. It held a natural defense against potential invaders. Few foreign powers dared to confront the daunting challenges of Suna's harsh environment, with its relentless sandstorms and scarce water sources.

The very geography of Sunagakure lent itself to its security. The village was situated within a fortified valley, sheltered behind imposing solid rock cliffs. Access to the village was highly restricted, limited to a single narrow passage between two imposing cliff faces. This natural bottleneck made any ground assault an exceedingly difficult endeavor.

The architecture within the village bore the marks of its climate. Most buildings were constructed from clay or stucco, materials well-suited for keeping interiors cool amidst the relentless desert heat. Suna shinobi adhere to a distinct dress code, carefully designed for functionality and environmental adaptation. They typically wear uniforms in hues of blue or black, concealed beneath flak jackets that sport various shades of beige. These earthy tones help them seamlessly blend into the desert surroundings.

Moreover, their uniforms often include protective shoulder guards, adding an extra layer of defense against potential threats. Suna shinobi commonly don headpieces comprising a head wrap and cloth neck covers to shield themselves from the harsh desert elements.
Many practitioners of Sunagakure are skilled in Wind Release techniques, a specialization closely associated with their village. These techniques may be executed with or without the aid of fans, a signature element of their style.

In terms of philosophy, the shinobi of Sunagakure prioritize the successful completion of their missions above all else, viewing this accomplishment as paramount in their lives. One evening, bathed in the soft golden light of the setting sun, an eleven-year-old girl with hair that flowed down to her waist and eyes as crimson as rubies played joyfully outside in the sandy fields. She was surrounded by other children her age, their laughter filling the air as they chased a white ball, their tiny feet leaving imprints in the warm sand.

Their joy took an unexpected turn when the ball landed with a soft thud on the roof of a nearby building perched just out of their reach. Confusion rippled through the group, and the children tried to figure out how to retrieve their beloved plaything.

Amidst the commotion, a small boy emerged from the shadows. His dark red hair was tousled and wrapped in a tanned cotton shawl, starkly contrasting the children's colorful play clothes. His somber, insomniac eyes remained fixed on the ball lying innocently by his feet. The other children shrank back, overcome by fear and prejudice, their faces twisted with contempt for the small, melancholic boy. In their haste to distance themselves from him, one girl accidentally bumped into Sakura.

"Sakura, stay away from him. He's a monster," a young boy cried out, his voice trembling with fear as he retreated from the scene.

"But... he's just a kid like the rest of us," Sakura replied softly, her voice tinged with confusion and compassion.
"My dad said we shouldn't talk to him because he was born to bring nothing but war and destruction," a girl sobbed, echoing the prejudices she'd heard from her family.