-Chapter 2-

"Is this thing on?" Eli asked as he pushed some buttons on the camera

"Is this thing on?" Eli asked as he pushed some buttons on the camera. He realized that he was recording until he turned to see the screen next to him. "Oh yes it is."

Behind him were Norm, Max and Jake in their respective seats doing whatever on their computers. Jake, like him, was practicing on his first record.

"My name is Eli Thompson. After being asleep for 5 years and 9 months I am finally on the planet Pandora." The soldier started making a face trying to think of what he has to say. "My purpose is to take my brother's place and lead an avatar body that looks like one of the natives here... or something." He scratched his head in some confusion. "Aaaaaand... I think that's it." He turned to see Norm and Max who were behind him. "Hey Norm. Is that all I have to say?"

The scientist turned when he heard his name. "Yeah, we just have to make sure we document everything we see and feel." Said the man.

Max poked his head from behind Norm's shoulder. "It's what will keep you sane for the next 6 years." He joked.

Eli gave him a small smile, shaking his head and turned to the camera. "Okay. Eli out."

He reached out and turned off the camera.

End of stream.

"Grace Agustin is a legend," Norm said with great admiration evident in his tone of voice

"Grace Agustin is a legend," Norm said with great admiration evident in his tone of voice. So much so that Eli couldn't help but roll his eyes at him. He had already heard many things about that woman and not many of them were good. "She's the head of the avatar program. She wrote a the book. I' mean, she literally wrote the book on Pandoran botany"

"Well, that's 'cause she likes plants better than people." Max said, backing up Norm's idea about the female scientist.

Jake looked at Eli and raised his eyebrows in a gesture that said "Won't they really shut up?" bringing a smile to his friend.

"Here she is, Cinderella back from the ball." Upon hearing the aforementioned, both soldiers turned to face the front, finally arriving in the presence of a woman with an aura that gave off arrogance.

'This will be good' Eli thought as he saw the doctor.

"Grace, I'd like you to meet Norm Spellman, Eli Thompson, and Jake Sully."

With very little interest in the newly arrived, except for one of them, the doctor turned around, removed her glasses and pulled her cigarette from between her lips, showing that he had her undivided attention.

"Norm, I hear good things about you. How is your na'vi?" she asked in a surprisingly soft tone.

Norm, clearly nervous, raised a hand in the form of support to search for the words he wanted to say. He was in front of his idol. "May everyone's mother... smile upon our first meeting."

Eli brought a hand to his forehead to massage between his brows. The idea of having to use that new language that his brother tried to stick on his head like a mantra wasn't very appealing. He could understand most of the words, so it wasn't hard to form an idea of what they were saying, but speaking it on his own was out of the question.

And it was worse when he saw how pleased the doctor was at having received the words of greeting.

"Not bad. You speak a bit formal."

Norm let out a nervous giggle, but went on with his talk with more confidence. "I studied five years, but there is much to learn."

"Um, Grace? This is Eli Thompson and Jake Sully." The smile on the woman's face disappeared as Max tried to redirect her attention to the soldiers.

"Ma'am." Jake reached out his hand to shake the doctor's. He was trying to remain respectful despite the scientist's clear distaste for having soldiers within 1km of her work area. Eli, on the other hand, stood idly behind Jake.

"Yeah yeah, I know who you are and I don't need you. I need your brothers" the cold words of the woman put a metaphorical wall between the soldiers and the scientist, causing the calm attitude of the soldiers to instantly change to a more hostile one with just an exchange of glances. "You know?" She asked Max, answering before he could. "The PhD who trained for three years for this mission?"

"They're dead. I know it's a big inconvinience for everyone" Jake's tone of voice was evidence enough that they were now on thin ice.

The woman, for a tiny moment, thought about giving them a chance. But her way of giving them that opportunity was nothing short of dismissive. "How much lab training have you had?" She ask abruptly.

"I dissected a frog once." Jake answered with complete confidence.

Eli snorted at the memory of the chaos of that day in class. "I blew mine up." The soldier laughed.

Grace gasped in shock and outrage. Intend to give them a try. "You see?..." she spat at poor Max. "You see? I mean, they're just pissing on us without even the courtesy of calling it rain. I''ll talk 'm going to Selfrigd." The woman turned around with every intention of hitting someone, genuinely panicking poor Max.

"No, Grace. I don't think that's a good idea."

"NO, MAN, THIS IS SUCH BULLSHIT!" She complained without stopping to pay attention to them. "I'm gonna kick his corporate butt."

Max stopped in his attempts to talk sense into her. Instead, he turned to the soldiers to give them one last piece of news before continuing with the job. The tour was over. "Here tomorrow, 0800... Try and use big words."

Eli and Jake raised their eyebrows in surprise and somewhat amused to see the scientist leave with the last word from him. They were both sure they wouldn't listen to him. They didn't plan on getting along with the woman, but they would try to make an effort not to make enemies with people they will see for 6 years in a row.

 They didn't plan on getting along with the woman, but they would try to make an effort not to make enemies with people they will see for 6 years in a row