𝗺𝗶𝘅𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗮𝗹𝘀?

THREE
"you know a lot about ignoring people."

Khadeja and Poppy hadn't talked since the competition yesterday

Khadeja and Poppy hadn't talked since the competition yesterday. Poppy hadn't responded to any of her texts and had been leaving them on read, so she decided to stop texting her. Khadeja wasn't sure what was going on, but she was more confused than ever. She wasn't going to let that upset her; if Poppy wanted to ignore her, she'd ignore her back and avoid her at all costs. Being at Poppy's house probably wasn't the best ideal method to avoid her, but she wasn't there for Poppy; she was there to watch Summer help teach Honey how to skate.

"Yo, what's with the sad face?" Summer asked as she skated up onto the half-pipe table and put her skateboard down.

"It's nothing." Deja responded, her gaze lifted to summer. " just thinking," she exhaled.

Okay, maybe she was a little upset that Poppy was ignoring her, but she was going to suck it up and keep the promise she made to herself to avoid and ignore her.

Summer was mindful that Deja was keeping something from her and didn't push her about it. "Well if you wanna talk about it I'm here." she smiled with her lips pursed, showing nothing.

Deja smiled back and nodded, happy that Summer hadn't pushed her to speak. Her brain was hurting from the confusion, and she wasn't sure if she could talk without her words becoming jumbled. She rubbed her temples when she noticed Poppy walking by. For a split second, the two made eye contact, leading Deja to groan and look away.

"Hey, Pops." Manu greeted.

"You've got me on beginner classes all week." Poppy remarked.

"Yeah, school holidays Pops, all hands on deck."

"Excuse me?" a student said, leading Poppy to step behind him and help with his wetsuit.

"Jackson Bay is a week away, and if I don't get a result, we can kiss the state team goodbye." Poppy stated.

"All right, all right, well, we'll go out for a session at the end of the day, okay?" Manu promised. "For now, just smile."

Poppy forced a smile and continued helping the kid with his wetsuit.

"I need to go to the toilet." the kid whispered with his head bowed.

𓇼 🌊 🐚

Khadeja was still watching summer as she attempted to teach honey how to skate a few minutes later. Honey had fallen down more times than Deja could count, and she was certain it was more than twenty.

"Great session, guys. Boards back in the rack, then go get changed." Poppy announced to the kids as she looked over to the half pipe and slowly walked over as honey was trying to go up the halfpipe but slid back down as summer skated to where she was. "If you want Honey to learn anything, you can't just ignore her while you do your thing." She said, hand on her hips.