Two

Reaching the top of the stairs, there are 6 doors down a long hallway— the one right at the end being my room. I let Will carry my bag to my room and I thank him as we tell each other 'goodnight' and I shut the door. Slumping on my already made bed, I reach over and unpack my bag, getting my ghost gear ready for use.

My room matches the entire house's theme in being luxurious and secretive. Exhausted, I lay back and stare at the ceiling, dust spinning languidly in shafts of light. The full moon's luminescence shines through the wide window- where I abruptly catch something from the corner of my eye. Outside, just beyond the house gates, in the forest.. I could've sworn I saw something running through the trees. It didn't resemble any humanoid features, it was just a large mass.

I chuckle to myself before shutting the curtains and grabbing my wash-bag to head to the bathroom. Creaking my door open, the light from my room floods the hallway in one singular rectangular light, allowing me to see partially. The bathroom being directly opposite my room, I leave my door open and quietly walk towards it- a voice, however, stops me.

"Hello." a little girl's voice says.

She sounds as if she's right behind me. I feel a cold tap on my lower back.

"Turn around."

A sensation rolls down my spine as though someone was tracing it with a fingernail, abruptly it sinks into me. Feeling sick, I quickly turn around.

Nothing's there. No little girl. Nothing at all. I stand there for a second, confused and disturbed.

I walk away quickly, just my hand reaches for the bathroom door knob, it turns, the door clicks and a wet figure exits the room. His dark hair drenched and dripping, beads of water running down his body- one drop hanging onto his lower lip.

"Oh shoot, you scared me" he places a hand on his heart to exaggerate. I give a small smile.

"I could say the same.. Shouldn't you be asleep?" I ask Stiles.

"I could say the same." He smirks smugly. I roll my eyes and move to the side so he can walk to his room.

Nodding at my gesture, he strides over to his room, just beside mine, and pushes open his door.

"Oh'- His head pokes out of his door frame, 'Be up by 10 tomorrow, I'll give you a grand tour of the grounds and the town." He flashes a smile before shutting his door.

"But' I begin, but it's too late.

Pursing my lips, I walk into the large bathroom and lock the door. Turning the shower head on, I let the water warm up before I get in, so I undress and take my toothbrush from my wash bag. I run it under the tap, push out a line of toothpaste onto it, re-wet it and brush my teeth mindlessly. My eyes lazily shutting for brief moments before immediately opening again. I'm exhausted.

I wake up to the sound of low, harmonious humming. My eyes dart around the bathroom, for some unknown reason I'm on the floor. The mirror is completely fogged up, the counters are wet from the steam of the water. Cautiously, I get up from the floor and reach to wipe the mirror with my hand- but just then I notice the words 'Turn Around' written at the bottom of the mirror. My heart sinks to my stomach; I get a metallic taste in my mouth. The humming stops. I swear I can hear my own heartbeat beating with another.

But I'm used to terrifying situations. It's my job.

Collecting myself, I turn the tap off since it was still running and pick my toothbrush up from inside the sink. Setting it down in the empty cup by the mirror, I turn around and walk towards the bath/shower. The shower head is still on, perfect temperature if not too hot by now, I'm sure. Walking up to it, I notice a faint shadow of someone on the other side of the shower curtain. They're not tall, they're small and very thin. Almost sickly looking. I slow down my breathing and grab the curtain, pulling it back as quickly as I can. But again, nothings there. The anticlimactic situation makes me sigh deeply before undressing completely and hopping in the hot shower. I tie my hair in a low bun and let the water fall down my body, calming me and making it no easier to not fall asleep right there and then. I scrub myself down with soap and put it on the shelf. Then I hear three rhythmic knocks on the door.