Chapter 52 : O' Denizens Of The Underworld.

It's been close to five years since I first met Milord.

And I kept getting amazed by the day. I knew putting my faith in him was the best thing I ever did, but whenever my faith got rewarded by everything that happened, I could never thank him enough for such a reward.

Milord harbored a near-impossible dream.

He wanted to save the world...

It sounded like nothing but childish rambling, but if it came from Milord, I believed he could do it...Only he could...

He built a secret organization. He went to cull the lowlifes out there back into the Everstream of Mother Fysy every night. And, nonetheless, he never missed a day to cultivate his already terrifying power to further length.

The time Milord spent at training could be simply described as madness. No, obsession...He trained like a madman, but he was Milord...

Once, I caught a leak of mana coming out from Milord while he was eating lunch. Later, I asked him about it out of curiosity, and Milord told me that whenever he could, he would train.

Milord would, without a shred of doubt, be crowned a Saint Magician in the near future. The only question left would be when.

As strong and as enigmatic as he was, Milord had this unwavering belief that he would need help in saving the world. And that was the impetus by which the House of Light and Darkness came to be.

The Light will live under the warm gaze of the Sun to guide the way into the depths of the long, endless night. Meanwhile, the Darkness will lurk in the shadows of the abyss and exist to make the light burn radiantly and dazzlingly.

Again, it sounded like a fantasy talk from a child who never knew how the world worked. It sounded foolish.

But he had said so, and we made it...

I called every apprentice I trained and colleague who needed a touch of salvation just like I once did and brought them all upon Milord. The minute they witnessed the power of god and heard the voice of truth that resonated in the pit of their ugly, distorted souls, they knew why I brought them.

They even hurriedly took upon the mana contracts I gave as if they were afraid I would change my mind back.

The Shadows grew deeper and darker. Starting from the most trustworthy Elites, we began to recruit more and more people to complete and fill in the shades of our House.

And as time flew by, we were finally ready to welcome a new Seatholder of the House. People who would stand in the center and lead the House as its pillars.

The process was painstaking. Investigations after investigations were done. And reports came in like raindrops. It was hard...

Milord never said it to my face, but I knew how high his standard was. How couldn't I when I could see him conduct himself by grinding his bone every single day without fail? It was hard, but I shan't whine.

Thus, I did my best. And when Milord praised me for choosing the Merchant, I felt like flying to the nine heavens.

His praise was like a drug to my thirsty soul, and I kept on going, doing my best to look for the next Seatholder just so he could share his words of grace with me once again.

But fate was awfully harsh to this devout subject without any apparent reason. I came across that fucker Gelliard or whatever the hell his name was.

Statistic-wise, he was the most prominent candidate the House needed based on the general criteria Milord had given. But when we met, I was set to someday kill this man when all of this was over. I would slit his throat in his slip and enjoy the look on his face when life failed him.