1

Sand's heart was beating up to his throat as he ran toward the crashed vehicle. Please let him live, please let him be okay. He pleaded over and over again in his mind. The thought of perhaps having lost Ray forever choked his throat.

"Ray. Ray." He tapped frantically on the car window, hoping for a sign of life, a twitch of the arm. "You're not dying do you hear me?" He shouted as he tried to yank open the car's door.

Ambulance, I need to get an ambulance. With trembling hands, Sand took his phone out of his pocket, dialed the number. The toot sent shivers down his spine, every second counted.

It all happened quickly - too quickly for Sands' brain to process the whole ordeal. He rode his motorcycle behind the ambulance. Even though it was just 10 minutes, it felt like an eternity to him. 

Like a hungry wolf, Sand paced up and down in front of the treatment room. His fingers were bloody because he had nibbled off his cuticles. He must be alright, he must live.

"For Pakorn?" A nurse approached Sand. He nodded, putting his hands in the trouser pockets to keep from maltreating them even more. "Follow me, please."

Ray lay on the hospital bed, pale, as if all life had drained from him. "Hey Ray." Sand brushed a few strands of hair from Ray's face. "Really thought that was it for you." A weak smile formed on Ray's lips.

"You won't get rid of me that quickly..." Ray tried to sit up. Sand supported him, trying to be careful not to touch Ray's injured shoulder.

"And was it worth it?" Sand crossed his arms in front of his chest. Ray's gaze drifted to his feet. Shame, that was probably what he was feeling at that moment.

"Thank you...for saving my life," he murmured. Thank you? He should have just let me die there.

"I'm your emergency staff anyway aren't I?" It was as if something had hit Ray in that moment. Sand was right, from the first moment they had met, Sand was always the one who had been there for him. "You're really lucky you're the only one who got hurt." Sand put a hand on Ray's thigh. "Driven by love, huh? That love almost got you killed, do you realize that?"

And even if so, Sand. Maybe that was exactly my plan. "You don't need to add salt to the wound, I'm already hurt anyway." Complained Ray, trying to cover up his actual mental state. As if I could fool him. He's the only one who can really see through me.

"I don't care, that needed to be said." Sand squeezed Ray's tight softly. "Learn to love yourself okay?" Ray's gaze wandered to his feet again. Love myself? Are you kidding me? No one loves me and I love myself least of all.

"I'm sorry about Mew. If I hadn't sent you the audio..."

"Forget it. It's not your fault, Sand. Ton and Top are the ones who made a mistake, you didn't do anything wrong okay?" Sand just nodded, wanting to forget the night. Erase every word that had been said in the bar.

"Ray." A man stormed into the hospital room in a rage. "How many times do I have to tell you not to drive drunk?" Sand backed off, watching the conversation between father and son from a safe distance. The car seems more important to him than his son.

"Excuse me, we'd have to do some checks on your son, would you mind leaving the room for that?" Sand had been standing next to the open door when Ray's father came out of the room. He had run his hand over his face and looked pretty defeated all things considered. He looked in Sand's direction and gestured for him to follow. They sat down together on one of the benches in the clinic's waiting area.

"My son and you are close friends, aren't you?" Ray's father surprised Sand with the question. I don't know if I would call it friendship. "I've seen you around the house a lot."