×18×

"Do you mind?" I rolled my eyes as I picked up my pace for a third time with the intention of putting distance between us as I made my way through the streets.

"No not at all." Came a cocky response as his long legs fell into stride next to me.

I paused in my tracks placing my hands on my hips. "Why are you following me?"

"Who says that I am following you? I simply happen to be heading in the same direction."

"Well then off you go." I moved aside with the intent to let him pass but of course he did not.

"I do not see the need to."

Letting out another frustrated huff, I turned back and stomped off, but the Duke had other ideas and once again fell into step with me.

"You know your efforts are pointless. You should just answer my question." Cassius gave an amused smile at my antics.

I shot him a glare before looking forward again still not saying anything.

I had unfortunately bumped into the Duke as I was making my way to work and naturally, I chose to ignore him. My mind was still racing with the memories from the last time I had seen him.

Cassius who had sensed this minor change in the way I was treating him discided to ask me why I was being even more cold than usual to him, to which I had yet to reply to.

"Something clearly happened." He added in.

I let out a soft breath, "A lot of things have happened but I do not think I am in any mood to talk about it especially to the likes of you."

"Have I offended you in anyway?" He tilted his head slightly.

I once again paused in my tracks and looked back at him, my eyes widened in disbelief at his question, "Ha... You can't be serious right now. Have you offended me? Did you really just ask me that?"

"My Lady?" Cassius seemed confused at my reaction which just added to my anger.

"I honestly cannot believe you right now. Do not act all innocent and pretend that you know nothing. I am getting tired of this."

"Tell me who you are." His voice was calm yet stern.

I could not believe the audacity of this man. The sky began to darken above us as a storm brewed.

"I need to know because surprisingly, I am at a complete loss when it comes to you."

I watched him closely, analysing his features for any hint of a lie or him making fun of me.

Nothing.

My eyes widened as it dawned on me, "You really have no idea?" I mumbled in disbelief.

He did not say anything or even move but his eyes confirmed it. Slowly the first few drops of rain began to fall seeping into our clothes but neither of us moved to seek shelter.

I started to laugh softly. A sorrowful sound filtered out by the rain, "Of course you don't know who I am when you never even bothered to try." I turned to leave, my now soaked clothes uncomfortably clinging to my body.

His hand grabbed my arm stopping me, "Tell me. I am trying now."

I yanked my arm away, "Why should I? So you can ruin my life more than you already have? Go figure it out yourself if you are that desperate."

"Fuck." he swore and ran a hand through his wet hair pushing it out of his gorgeous face.

This time he did not stop me nor follow me as I left.