13 - Poor thing

Elijah was half-way through an episode of Criminal Minds before Luna turned onto her side, groaning in her sleep.

He glanced down at her to make sure she was okay, and when he found her eyes still closed, he focused back on the show.

But something inside him tightened when he heard her cry out silently, and he immediately paused the show, gazing down at her as she fisted the covers in her hand, turning her face into them as her eyes squeezed shut tighter.

Nightmare.

Elijah sighed, shaking his head before he turned off the TV and lay down in front of her.

He stared for a moment.

How would you calm someone down from nightmare...? Well... when he kidnapped Ember, Max was using soothing methods to calm her when she was afraid... like... cuddling and stuff.

But would Luna like that?

She suddenly turned further into the sheets, eyes squeezing shut tighter as whimpers escaped her mouth.

What was she dreaming about...?

But she tensed more, legs pulling up higher as Elijah wondered what the hell he was supposed to do.

Her whimpers grew louder, and tears started welling up under her lashes.

Oh... it must've been scary.

He decided to try Max's methods out.

Elijah lightly touched her forehead to brush her hair away.

Luna shot awake, screaming.

He immediately pulled back, wincing as her screech burned his eardrums.

When he looked to her, she was sitting up, staring off into space, clearly disoriented.

He sat up, too.

"Hey," he said then.

Her head snapped up to him, and her pupils shrank.

Luna shot off the bed across from him and scrambled to the wall, whimpering.

What the... hell?

She needed Max's methods... That's what she needed.

"Hey," Elijah said calmly, crawling over to her side of the bed and lightly slipping off. "You're okay."

Her breathing strained when he stepped over to her, and she pressed herself to the wall, shaking her head.

"It's okay," he whispered, walking slowly. "You're not dreaming anymore."

She gazed around the room nervously before looking back at him.

"You're not," he promised. "This is real. I'm Elijah, do you remember me?"

She blinked slowly; eyes hardened as if she recognized his name but couldn't place it.

"Your mind's running fast," he noted aloud as he made it closer. "You're panicking."

She just watched him carefully.

But as he got a couple feet away, she pressed herself harder to the wall and shook her head again.

He only continued.

Right as he got a foot away, her eyes darted to the right, and she broke off into a sprint.

But Elijah knew what she was doing.

His eyes glowed a dark orange, and the bedroom door slammed in her face, making her cry out.

He kept stepping to her when she rattled the handle, pounding on the door and pleading to be let out.