21

After a bit of time Jaden and Yuna left out leaving the couple alone which then Reya turned herself around and placed her legs on either side of him. "So what did you want to talk to me about Yus?"

"The threat of your cousin will always be there, I want to not only show him but anyone else who tries to get between us that they can't sever something as strong as our love." Yusei said as he placed his forehead against hers

She blushed as she looked up at him. "Y-Yus...What are you trying to ask me here?"

"I want you to marry me Rey, Even if we're just twenty some odd year olds...I know that the beautiful woman that I see before me is the woman that I want to spend the rest of my life with. Genetic problems and all." He said with a smile as he wrapped his arms around her tighter keeping her close to him.

Reya's purple eyes widen as she heard him speak before she blushed and smiled at him. "Yus...Yus...I'd love that." She said happily

Yusei smiled back at her and kissed her on the lips. "Good, I'm glad to hear it. The next time I go out I'll be sure to buy you an engagement ring so that way people know to back off of you."

She giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck gently. "Even if anyone tries to get me from you-I'd never leave you. I love you too much to do that."

Yusei was more than happy to hear the words that came out of her and kissed her on the lips once more. "Did you want to finish our game?"

"Mhm, Yeah I was winning."

"For now anyways." he said with a grin

She laughed and he let go of her so she could get the controllers before she sat on his lap while they played the game once more. Reya was more than content to finally be able to be comfortable around Yusei. She didn't have to deal with him crying or being upset over a relationship anymore. She knew his schedule better than anyone else-which made her question at first...why?

Why did she know so much and cared so much about the schedule a friend of hers had, she never did it for the others...Why was Yusei so special....Then after talking with Yusei and with Akiza it dawned on her. She really did love Yusei. Ever since they were in middle school she had the crush from hell on him. Year after year she'd see him go through break up after break up only for her to wish that he'd find someone worthy of his time and love.

little did she know that she was thinking about herself all those times, and he called her on it. Even if she had denied it she wouldn't now-she loved Yusei with all of her heart, even if he was a tad bit of a workaholic...so was she. So their relationship worked for them, the only thing was she was worried about working again she didn't want to have to deal with crummy people if she didn't have to. But that's just how the world went.

After that day Reya woke up without Yusei there-she knew she wouldn't since he worked an early bird shift at the garage he worked for. So when she got up she had been surprised to see that there was a small box waiting on the counter with her name on it. She opened it only to smile when she saw that it was a ring.

"Yus you dork. You didn't have to make a special trip for me...but thank you." She said softly before she slipped the ring on and examined it on her finger. "And now I think you're even more of a dork for knowing the right size. I'm so teasing you when I see you."

She ate breakfast quickly before heading out on her bike to the bar where Yuna worked, she asked for an application and she began to fill it out right there before slipping it back to the bartender. She was half way home when she was called, she went to the side of the road where she then answered her phone to hear that she got the job. Excitedly she thanked the owner before she was told to come in the next day to start her job.