25

The summer I left with no goodbye

-Leave me-

ANGELICA SOFTLY KNOCKED ON JEREMIAH'S DOOR.

"Come in" he said, his voice still hoarse. She opened the door and found him sitting on his bed. "What's up?" He looked at her. She came and sat down next to him.

"You know you can call me right?" She asked. He nodded and let his head fall onto his shoulder. "Why do you have shoes on?" He suddenly asked after a moment of silence. "This is goodbye jere" she said. His head shut up.

She gave him a sad smile "I can't watch my boyfriend fall in love with someone else.". He frowned "what does this mean for our friendship?". He needed her, she couldn't leave now. Not ever if it was up to him.

"I'll still be your best friend Jelly. I just won't be Jelly, Conrad's girlfriend" she explained. "Do you have to go tonight?" He asked. She nodded sadly, she didn't want to leave Jeremiah so alone.

Steven knocked on the door before coming in. "Hey" he said softly. "She's leaving" Jeremiah blurted. "What? You can't!" Steven said. "I can't do this Steven. But I do hope we see each other again" she said.

Both the boys hugged her as she hugged back. "Goodbye jelly" Jeremiah said. "Bye Jere bear" she muttered. "Bye jellybean" Steven said. She laughed at the nickname a bit "bye sun burn" she let go of the hug and as did they.

She had already said goodbye to Laurel and Susannah. She went to end it officially with Conrad when she heard Bellys voice coming from his room. She chewed into her lips skin as she turned and walked away.

Conrad shot up when he heard the front door close. He rushed to his window to see Angelica walking out and getting into the car with her brother.

Conrad went to go stop her but Steven and Jeremiah stood to block him. "Let her go Conrad, you hurt her enough" Jeremiah said. "But-" he was cut off by Steven shaking his head.

He had to let it sink he had lost her. Suddenly he pushed harshly past the boys catching them off guard and ran outside. The two following him.

"You're just gonna leave? Just like that?" He asked. She stopped shoving her luggage in the back seat. "We are Over Conrad" she muttered. "No. We-we can't I love you" his tone filled with defeat. His heart broke as he watched her snatch the necklace he bought for her off her neck.

She threw it on the floor and got in the car. Conrad fell to his knees as he watched the car speed off. Along with her went his heart. For the first time in 4 months Conrad let himself cry.

His chest ached and his heart twisted. Not only did his heart leave with her but his promise, his love, his soul. It all went and he couldn't do anything about it.