the deal. - part two

tw's: mentions of physical, emotional, domestic abuse

Word count: 11,074

____________________

"You're kidding me, right?" Harry had a wide, sleepy smile on his face as he entered the kitchen. His hair was tousled, his shirt wrinkled and his skin still warm from crawling out of bed just minutes before.

The smell of fresh coffee had sort of woken him up as he blinked his eyes open in bed. Patting his hand to the side blindly to find Claire, he had found the space empty. Curiosity brought him downstairs to find a decorated kitchen and a wide selection of breakfast foods on the table.

Claire stood by the counter with his shirt on and a pair of shorts, her hair up in a messy ponytail and a steaming cup of coffee in her hands, "Happy one year anniversary." She smiled.

"Shit, baby." Harry chuckled, walking up to hers with his arms opening, wrapping around her frame easily, "This is so corny." He teased.

"Oh, shut up." Claire laughed, "I tried to be cute."

Harry smiled, dipping his head to kiss her lips, "It is." He murmured, "It's very cute. Happy one year anniversary, babe."

Claire pushed up her toes to kiss him back, her hand slipping to the back of his neck as she arched into him. "Are you surprised?" She asked against his lips and Harry nodded, "Mhm. Very. Thought you snuck off on me." He teased again.

"You know, passing the one year mark..." Claire teased back, "I think I might stay."

She had been staying for a year.

Exactly one year ago, Claire came back from a date where she got stood up. Atlas was spending the night at Harry's house with Finn and Claire returned, not expecting to end that evening in Harry's bed with him inside of her.

The next morning, Harry asked her to stay forever and Claire did. Easily.

Her and Atlas went back and forth at first, but Harry and Claire made it a point to not hide their relationship for their sons. Atlas and Finn were over the moon and Claire and Atlas just... stayed. Claire cancelled her apartment a month after and they moved in permanently.

"Y'look sexy." Harry breathed against her, his hand dropping to her ass. He fit his palm over one of her cheeks, squeezing the flesh before tucking his fingers underneath the fabric of her shorts to touch her bare. The thong covered up little to nothing and Harry groaned from the back of his throat, nudging Claire back into the counter. His free hand cupped her jaw to tip her chin back and take her in a deep kiss.

"Do we have time?" Claire was already pushing up to sit on the countertop, sliding to the edge and splitting her legs for Harry to stand in between. He grinned, humming at their dynamic. Quickies in the kitchen were their thing. Clothes didn't even come off but they were their most primal and animalistic moments. Romance wasn't in sight as Harry often fucked her hard and fast, just getting them both to a high.

Not that Harry wasn't a complete romantic. This little anniversary breakfast was Claire attempting to match his level a little bit. Most often it was Harry surprising her with his incredible cooking skills. She'd come home to find a candlelit dinner and soft music playing. Harry treasured her like no one else and continued to surprise her like that.

Harry was about to fit his fingers into the waistband of Claire's panties to touche her bare when they heard a door upstairs.

He paused and Claire sighed out in frustration, "I guess not."