Part 1

All characters, locations, names and everything in this story is fictional. This is a fanfiction of Romantic doctor Kim Sabu and I had no part in creating the characters I wrote. I know you all like to see Kim Sabu's relationship with Nurse Oh but I'm more interested in Kim Sabu's love story with Lee Young Jo.

The clock showed 11 o'clock at night, and the sound of heavy rain could be heard knocking on the windows of Doldam Hospital. 

Operating room door 1

 Kim Sabu, Jang Dong Hwa, Do Il and Nurse Oh come out of the operating room. 

"Thank you all. Good job," said Kim Sabu with a smile. 

All four of their cellphones rang indicating an incoming message. Everyone immediately ran to the ICU which was located on the 2nd floor. 

ICU room 

A middle-aged woman was lying with the help of a ventilator and the monitor that monitored the patient was beeping loudly, indicating that the patient was experiencing cardiac arrest. Park Eun Tak is performing CPR.Kim Sabu was speechless, he just watched it all silently 

"Come down, Eun Tak,  I'll replace you," said Jang Dong Hwa. 

"Seonsaengnim, what do you want to do?" Park Eun Tak said. 

"Seonsaengnim!!!" 

Kim Sabu had tears in his eyes, unable to speak"

Kim sabuu...!! Eun tak Saem, bring the defibrillator here" Doil shouted.

 "ROSC" Jang Dong Hwa shouted. 

Jang Dong Hwa and Park Eun were dripping with sweat then they saw Kim Sabu who was sitting on the floor bending his knees, taking off his glasses and wiping his tears. Do Il and Nurse Oh stare at each other. Then there was the sound of footsteps and screams from Chief Jang. 

"Kim Sabu, there is a girl who wants to meet you, she..." Chief Jang had not finished speaking, the girl ran into the ICU and shouted. 

"Appa, Hei Ryung misses eomma. Why are you crying, eomma, why are there so many devices attached to her body? appaa, is eomma okay?"Kim Sabu fell silent and hugged the girl. 

"Appa?? eomma?" Chief Jang and Nurse Oh glanced at Do Il . Do Il shook his head and said very slowly "I don't know anything about this"

4 months ago

In the Netherlands 

Kim Sabu was standing on the balcony looking around and next to him Lee Young Jo was standing looking at Kim Sabu 

Kim Sabu said "Tomorrow we get back to routine... I already miss the chaos at Doldam and of course Hei Ryung" 

"Hey... before we get back to routine, are you okay? Do you want me to come help you at Doldam? Do Il told me that every time you overdo something, your MS flares up. Looks like Doldam needs more surgeons" Lee Young Jo said while leaning her head on Kim Sabu's shoulder. 

Kim Sabu said"Gwenchana... I'm fine, you don't need to worry dear. I think it's best for you and Hei Ryung to stay in Seoul, besides here your career won't be as good as in Seoul. You don't need to sacrifice that for me." 

"But please take care of your health, if your health condition is good, you can help people for a longer period of time too dear and promise me that if you need help talk to me, I will give up my career in Seoul and I also think Hei Ryung will be happy if we live together, not far apart like now," replied Lee Young Jo.

Doldam Hospital ER 

Nurse Oh "yes, Doldam Hospital emergency room... yes... you can take the victim to the trauma center for screening" 

Nurse oh hung up the phone while shouting "You guys get ready, there's an accident in the construction area near Doldam. There are 5 victims who are being rushed to the trauma center for screening." 

Trauma Center

 Kang Dong Ju ran down the stairs to the front door together with In Sung. They screened construction accident victims, 3 out of 5 victims had to be treated at Doldam ER.

Seo Woo Jin "This first victim has a spinal injury. Sabu nim is doing robotic surgery training in the Netherlands, right? What should we do?" 

Yoon Seo Jong "Sabu nim should have returned to Korea today, it's been a month since he went to the Netherlands. Yesterday when  I called him to discuss a case, he said he would arrive in Korea tomorrow"

Nurse oh ran into the trauma bay and said "I just contacted him. He is on his way to Doldam. I have also contacted Prof Sim, Do Il and Bae Seonsaeng"

Dong Ju ordered "Seo Jong and Eun Jae treat hemothorax and cardiac contusion patients in OR 1. Spinal cord injury patients are handled by Sabu nim and Dr Bae in OR 2. Nurse Oh & Do il Seonsaeng in OR 1, Sim Kyosu & Nurse Joo in OR 2"

Kim Sabu has arrived at Doldam. He wore a gray coat over a navy blue sweater with black trousers. Kim Sabu walked into the main door of the Doldam, his left hand carrying a tote bag and his right hand tucked into his coat pocket.Chief Jang ran while laughing and holding a drink in both hands "Kim sabuuu... welcome drink, welcome back to Doldam..."Kim Sabu smiled "Chief Jang, can you keep my welcome drink and bag in my office... I have to rush to the trauma center"

Kim Sabu entered the trauma center and was greeted by Seo Woo Jin, Dong Ju, In Su and all the nurses there...the doctors hugged Kim Sabu.

Kim Sabu washed his hands and entered the surgery room. Kim Sabu stretched out his hand and said "Cutter"

The operation begin. He returns to his life, helping the patients who came. The principle always remains the same, saving the patient above all else.

To be continued