will

a certain airiness filled his step, and his smile was as wide as the ocean.

she loves a loser like me.

the school year was nearly over. in three weeks time, summer would be upon them. loser could taste the sweet freedom on his tongue.

he'd be able to escape the hell hole for three months and come back to start his final year.

he thought of freak. beautiful freak, sweet wonderful freak.

she was his moon, illuminating the dark realm in which he dwelled.

he wanted to know more about her, to collect her secrets like artifacts and shelve them in his head.

he had thought about her all day.

he didn't share any classes with her, so he hadn't seen much of her all day.

at the end of the day, freak stopped by his locker to grab his backpack.

just as the click of the shut locker sounded, a group of broadly built boys came up behind him and circled him.

"hey loser, where you going?" one of them asked, who loser identified as the alpha male of this pack. alpha male meat-head puffed his chest out and gave a menacing glare.

loser was trapped and scared.

he had never really experienced any physical encounters before, and he was definitely not prepared now.

he backed up against the locker, and the beast inched forward-- loser could feel his pungent hot breath against his neck.

"you scared, you ugly, rat-face?" his eyes locked with his, and loser lost control of his nerves.

suddenly, a fire lit inside of him.

he swung his fist at the monster, and his fist made contact with his jaw.

surprised at himself, loser's eyes widened. the ugly beast lifted his head, and in it were eyes of fury.

in the next minute, a meaty fist met the right side of his head.

his body slithered and crumpled down to the floor.

his head was thumping.

in his mind, he saw freak.

sweet, wonderful freak.

the world was somewhat hazy, but he heard the distinct voice of a teacher.

in his fuzzied vision, he saw the boys dispersing and fleeing.

loser stayed on the ground.

someone kneeled beside him but he couldn't make out who it was.

he felt a tap on his shoulder

and everything went black.