Chapter 2: The Incident

Eli awoke with a start, the memories of last night returning in fragments.

"Where am I?" she muttered, her voice barely audible.

"Oh, you're awake!" a familiar man's voice startled her.

"Rael? What am I doing here, and where is this?" Eli's voice trembled with confusion.

"Can't you remember? You passed out," Rael replied, sounding somewhat concerned

Eli's mind flashed back to the previous day:

"What the hell?!" Eli had yelled angrily.

"Calm down, it was an accident," Rael had commented, trying to defuse the situation.

"Still, why the heck are you so clumsy? First, you almost hit me with your motor, and now you spilled juice on me?!" Eli had fumed, drawing the attention of people in the cafeteria.

Suddenly, Julien had intervened, quickly grasping Eli and leading her outside.

"Eli, calm down," Julien had said, attempting to soothe her. "I have extra clothes; you can borrow them."

"Thank you, Julien," Eli had replied, her anger subsiding. "No problem, but please don't start a fight with Rael. You won't win. He's known for being close-minded and self-centered, and he doesn't even feel guilty about breaking girls' hearts," Julien had cautioned.

"Alright, I'll try. Thanks again," Eli had conceded.

After her classes, on her way back home, Eli seethed with frustration.

"I can't believe it; this day is the worst! I hate that guy. Argh! Even if I wanted to avoid him, I still won't forget what he did!" she muttered to herself.

As she walked, a group of guys suddenly approached her.

"Hey, lady," one of them taunted.

"Oh great, can this day get any worse?" Eli thought bitterly.

Out of nowhere, a man appeared, launching an attack on the group. Eli watched in shock as the man turned out to be Rael Adam.

After Rael had knocked the guys out, he spoke to Eli.

"I just happened to walk by and saw you," he said.

"Huh?! But why would you punch these guys?!" Eli asked, still taken aback.

"I just saved you, and you're asking that?" Rael replied

"Oh, is that so? Then thank you." Eli said  and was about to leave before suddenly feeling her vision blur and passing out. The last thing she saw was Rael screaming her name and catching her as she fell.

Back in the present, Eli regained her composure.

"I'm leaving, and thank you," she said, her voice carrying a mix of emotions.

Rael remained silent, watching Eli as she walked away.

The next day, Eli silently prayed for a peaceful day, dreading a repeat of the events from the day before.