Part III - Sinister Stars

Sarah didn't know what to expect from dinner with Annabel. Although she had nothing to hide from her, she still felt a certain tension, a calm before the storm, as if this woman knew much more about Sarah than Sarah knew about herself. 

The day of the packing passed away very quickly; Sarah not only packed her luggage, but also carried out a general cleaning of the entire apartment. And quit her job. Sarah herself, though sceptical of the instructions issued by the strange lady, on the other hand still somehow childishly believed in its simplicity. It just stood: "take everything you need; a trip for a week; it would be best if you quit your job." She quit indeed, without any hesitation. Sarah already dreamed about switching jobs, and she thought it was the best opportunity to do so. 

As it was discussed, a silver Mercedes was waiting for her at exactly 7 o'clock in the morning and Sarah did not miss it, because again, for which night in a row, she just could not fall asleep. But as soon as she got into that car, she immediately passed out as if someone just turned the lights off. 

She was eventually awoken by the driver, and a moment later stood before a 5-star hotel in an authentic German historical building. But Annabel was nowhere to be found. The check-in went smoothly; She was met by a porter, who brought her bags directly to the room, and she only needed to say her name at the counter to get the keys. But as soon as she stepped out from the bathroom, three people in purple uniforms were waiting inside her room. Sarah even screamed from fright, but strangers were very quick at introducing themselves as Annabel's people, and that they received a special order from her to escort Sarah for "getting the look done". 

"But why?"

"For dinner, of course. This is a small gift from madame Angelsborrow as an apology for not meeting you earlier. She is a very busy woman, especially during the preparations for the Equilibrium's opening." What in the world are they talking about?

Sarah was terribly embarrassed at first when the workers of the salon treated her like some kind of royalty. They always asked if she was comfortable in this chair, if the temperature was ok, or even what her food preferences were, so they could deliver her snacks from time to time. After all the possible procedures she was forced to get into this narrow, uncomfortable cocktail dress and decorated with a necklace and diamond earrings. She was taken to the most expensive salon in the city, and from the local prices she almost fainted herself, but the result was truly royal: Sarah felt herself like Marilyn Monroe, ready to mesmerize everyone. And the main catch was that she didn't have to pay for anything.

*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆

Both women sat on the pavilion of some modern building at the table for two later in the evening of the same day, and no soul was around them. Annabel carefully studied the menu, while Sarah scratched her back under the itchy belt of the dress. 

Silence.

"Was this makeover necessary?" 

"Yes." Annabel didn't elaborate further, and Sarah started to feel awfully awkward. 

"Are you a politician of some kind?" 

"No." 

"CEO?" 

"Bingo." 

"Entrepene... Wait, no joke?" 

"And now, let me read in peace. Just one minute, please. I know you are very impatient, but... Have manners." Sarah sighed, looking beyond the edge of the pavilion. 

Despitethe time, there were still a lot of pedestrians crossing the old square, andmany of them had their heads high, observing the night sky beyond the town.Sarah followed their gaze at the stars that were randomly scattered across theblack celestial fabric, as if the unknown artist had shaken off the white paintfrom the brush onto the canvas. A waxing crescent of a slightly beige hue hanged among white dots, illuminating the surrounding space with a dim light. How romantic.