My Best friend Owi (1 Of 2)

A/N: I had to divide it to two parts because my wattpad is really freezing. part 1 will be Gabbie's POV & part 2 will be Oliver's.
Estimated 6k words for two parts.

Part 1: My Best friend Owi
Part 2: My Love Gabbie

Gabbie/ Ga

°Gabrielle Grae Vargas
°18

Oli/ Owi

°Oliver Zion Lorenzo
°18

Gabbie's POV

Sitting on the bleachers and waiting for my best friend is like a routine.

I need to wait for him so we can go home together. He lives in the townhouse across to ours. Literally best friends since birth. Our family are like two families combined. Every occasion, every outings, expect that we are together.

I call him Owi. He call me Ga. That's how we call each other since we were kids, having difficulty to pronounce our names before.We adopted it until we grew up.

One of my closest friend Amari, joined me here.
"Still waiting for your boyfriend?"

"Yeah, my BOY FRIEND." Hope she understands the emphasis.

"Okay, deny all you want. Everyone knows except you. Oli loves you more than just being friends. Everyone can see that. You are the only naive who really insists that you are just friends."
Amari rolled his eyes.

I am lazy to explain every day that we aren't like that.

"He is just kind to me. Don't misunderstand his treatment towards me."

"Yeah, only kind to you." Amari took one of the water bottles beside me and downed it in one go.

"He is kind to every one. He is sweet."

"Biggest joke of 2023. I am cracking. Stop. My tummy is aching. What a funny joke. HA.HA." She rolled her eyes again. This time, longer.
She shut her mouth when she saw my best friend jogging to our place.

Oliver twisted the bottle cap and handed me the water. "Drink first."

"Am I the one who played in the field? I know you are thirsty, Owi."

"Your lips would crack again because of dehydration. Drink, ga." I surrendered because I know how he is so much concerned of me. He is in the top tier in taking care of his best friend.

I handed him the water back after I took a sip.
"Are you bored here? We still need to stay for at least half an hour." He took the phone inserted in his tight boxers band.
"Just watch clips there first, okay, ga?" He handed me his phone before patting my hair.

"Okay."

"Don't leave this place. You have my phone. It would be hard for me to find you." Oliver touched my cheek before running back to the field.

Rolling Amari's eyes for the nth time, "Yeah. Just BOY FRIEND. Fool yourself hard. Fighting, Gabbie."

Everyone really thinks we are boyfriends, but I know we are nothing like that.

Oliver is the school's football team captain. He is strict when it comes to practice. Me as his best friend have to wait for him every time. Unless I want my dad to pick me up here.

"Let's go to cafe first." Amari suggested. "Their practice won't end soon."

"Okay. I am bored watching here too."

When I stood up, it immediately caught Oliver's attention. He mouthed me why, so I said that we will just return before their practice ends. He ran towards me again.