Chapter 1: Touched

Ladybug was sweating. Cat Noir took deep breaths as he and His Lady stood behind a wall. A walking humanoid rhino stomped around.

"I do not like you." the akuma growled.

"Neither do we!" shouted Cat Noir.

Ladybug and Cat Noir then eventually jumped out of the way of the wall and punched the rhino humanoid's face, knocking him down.

Hawk Moth's akumas have been getting more and more dangerous recently. For example, this guy, calling himself "The Rhino," has nearly killed Ladybug and Cat Noir seven times in a single row.

They discovered that the akuma must be inside of the Rhino's necklace. However, he hasn't been making it anywhere close to easy. Ladybug and Cat Noir then leaped onto a roof.

"I really hate this guy!" Cat Noir growled.

"I know!" said Ladybug, "Him and his stupid horn! Can really use a lame cat pun right now."

Her partner stared at her in shock. They're probably about to die and she's asking for one of his awesome corny jokes. He then smirked.

"Why of course, My Lady." he said.

Cat Noir then leaped onto another roof. He then jumped, waving both his hands and his legs.

"Now you're throwing a cat-astrophe?" he asked, "Looks like you need a time out!"

The rhino humanoid then gripped onto Cat Noir from behind. He struggled to break free from his grip. Ladybug could see it. She needed to get him out of there. The Rhino then took out his fist.

"You shall pay!" he shouted.

The akuma then readied his fist, causing Ladybug to panic. Even though he was really tough and strong, what if akuma could end up crippling his life? She can't let that happen.

"Cataclysm!" Cat Noir called out.

"Chat!" she screamed.

Ladybug leaped and pushed Cat Noir out of the rhino humanoid's grip before realizing that her partner's power was activated, taking the hit herself.

"Ladybug, no!" he shouted.

Cat Noir was about to reach her with his right hand out of instinct. He then realized that he was about to Cataclysm her. His vision then became blurry. He tried to stop his hand, then swung his fist at the Rhino's necklace once the vision became blurry.

The akuma then began to fly away. However, a scarlet red yo-yo reached out and captured it. Cat Noir then turned to see Ladybug letting the butterfly go away.

"Bye, bye, little butterfly." she said.

"My Lady, are you okay?" asked her partner.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine."

"Man, for a thought, I thought I nearly Cataclysmed you."

"I'll be okay, Kitty. I promise."

"Great."

The two then did their usual "pound it." Ladybug began to swing home while Cat Noir checked on the akuma victim. Ladybug was so grateful that she didn't need a Lucky Charm, but she was pretty darn close to using it. If she had, she probably wouldn't have been able to figure it out.

...

Marinette Dupain-Cheng collapsed onto her bed. That was probably the most exhausting and pain-giving akuma battle she had ever taken part in. It was a good thing that she had someone like Cat Noir as her partner.