𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

( trigger warning: drinking, weight loss, & depression )

You chug the rest of the pale pink liquid in the crystal wine glass, slightly tipping your head to touch the couch cushion behind you. Rose cackles as she pours herself another large glass of rosé, filling it to the absolute brim causing drops of the liquid to trickle down the glass. "Give me your glass, darling," she says, her words slightly slurring together. Her hand reaches out for your glass.

You hand your empty glass to Rose, watching her fill it up with the rest of the rosé from the bottle. She places the empty bottle on the coffee table, handing you the almost completely full wine glass. You mouth a thank you as you gratefully take another large sip of the smooth liquid. You hum as you shake your head, placing the wineglass on the coffee table. "The worst part of this whole thing, is that I really, really, like her. I know that it's only a matter of time before I forgive her."

Rose sporadically moves her head and the wineglass along with her words. "Fuck her. You're the best thing that ever happened to her and she walks all over you like that. That's a her problem, not a you problem." Rose practically dumps the rosé into her mouth, getting the pale pink droplets all over herself and the sofa she was sitting on.

You narrow your eyes, nodding your head repeatedly. "You're right. It is a her problem. Fuck her!" You toss up a middle finger before chugging some more of the wine. You pull the glass away from your lips, slightly frowning as tears well up in your eyes. "God, I love to fuck her," you whimper. You pause, dropping your head toward your chest. "Loved," you quietly correct.

"Oh, honey," Rose coos. She wobbles to a stand, collapsing on the couch next to you, wrapping her arms around you. You lean into the comforting embrace, placing your head on her shoulder, softly crying into the satin fabric of her pajamas. "You'll find someone else, I promise you."

"I don't even know if I want to find someone else, I just want to forget." You finish off the last of the wine from your glass, placing it on the coffee table in front of you. "Forget her, forget all of it."

"No, no, darling. Forgetting is bad. You don't want to forget," Rose slightly reprimands. Her body had fallen in between two of the cushions, letting her head rest against the dip of your waist, and her hands loosely wrapped around you. "No forgetting." Rose pouts, her pink lips pulled into a frown.

"I.." you begin but your voice catches in your throat. "I just miss her, that's all."

"And you will miss her, for a long time most likely. I mean, she was your fiancé!" Rose exclaims with a slight laugh. She looks towards you and notices the tears streaming down your face and the light frown you have. Rose clears her throat. "But that doesn't matter, darling, because you," she points a finger gently to your chest, "you are an incredible, gorgeous, and kind person. Anybody would be lucky to have you." Rose gives you a sympathetic smile. "And fuck everyone who tries to convince you otherwise."

You laugh through your tears, pressing your lips together into a smile. "Thank you, Rose."

--------

Over the next couple of days, you started to cope with the loss of the best relationship you've ever had -- and it was incredibly hard. You would lay in bed for entire days, not even getting up to shower or to eat. Rose tried her hardest to get you out of the isolation of her apartment and your depression spiral, but you wouldn't budge. You lost a lot of weight and looked like a shell of the person you used to be. Dark eye bags took over your hallow and pale face. Lou called and texted you a lot during the first couple of days, asking things like where you were and if you would please answer the phone. After a while, the phone calls dwindled, but she still texted you at least once a day. Rose had told Lou you were with her after Lou called everyone who you knew.