𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

Life had seemingly returned to normal. You were able to get a job helping Rose with her fashion business after running into some problems with your criminal record. No matter how often you explained your situation to potential employers, you were never asked to come back for an interview. You helped Rose in any way you could. Booking appointments, managing appearances, helping her design new pieces, and even sometimes being a makeshift model — an assistant. It was the best job you ever had by far.

———

You relished in the feeling of the warm fuzzy blanket draped over you and Rose. You watched diligently as her pencil moved across the page, sketching a beautiful gown for her upcoming Met Gala line. With a sucking noise, she purses her light pink lips together, her pencil lightly withdrawn from the paper. "Should I add some tool here?" she inquires out loud, her pencil hovering over the end of the dress.

"I think so," you nodded as Rose began drawing the tool on the sketch. "And maybe you can add a slightly longer train," you absentmindedly state while outlining with your finger above the paper.

Rose nods her head, sketching the new ideas down onto the dress. "Yes ... and then we can do some cross stitching here," she makes an indentation of the train with her pencil, "and here." She continues adding notes and definitions to the dress, her tongue slightly touching her top lip in concentration. She smiles down at the page, admiring the dress she just created. "Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful ..." she murmurs, her fingers lightly touching the sketch. "And that would make the bodice," she trails off, continuing to sketch. "Add some volume there ..."

You grin to yourself as you watch Rose in her concentrated and inspired state. It was utterly surreal, watching a talented artist in their zone. You got lost in your head while watching Rose continue to draw.

"(Y/n), you genius you!" Rose exclaims with a sudden clap, causing you to jump from your spot on the couch. "Look at this masterpiece," she gushes with a huge smile. "Oh, you must model it for me once I get around to sewing it."

You laughed while shaking your head. "Rose, you flatter me too much. You have plenty of other models who would do this dress justice. I don't think I'd be the proper person to—"

Rose cuts you off, tsking and shaking her head. "My dear, you don't flatter yourself nearly enough. You are gorgeous and deserve to model this dress."

"But Rose—" you try again, but she wouldn't let you finish.

"It's your dress."

———

"You know you don't have to cook anything tonight, honey," Rose calls from the living room.

You smile to yourself while stirring the sauce. "Oh please, it's the least I can do!" you call back.

"Takeout is always an option," she mutters, just loud enough for you to hear.

Crossing your arms over your chest, you peek around the wall with an unimpressed look. "I'm starting to think you don't think I'm a good cook." You tilt your head to the side with a faux frown.

Rose instantly snaps her head up, turning her hands around, shaking her head. "N-no, of course not..!" she begins to defend, but you cut her short with a laugh. "You're a fantastic cook, dear," she settles with a smile.

"Flattery is the best compliment; now you'll get some!" You cheerily say while heading back into the kitchen.

"Wait, I wasn't going to get any?" she practically hollers from the living room, causing you to giggle under your breath softly.