๑ i'm gonna freeze my balls off, pt. 2

but if you send for me,

you know i'll come

and if you call for me,

you know i'll run

i'll run to you,

i'll run to you

______

that night [name] accompanied sanji in the crow's nest. after he spent a couple of hours bugging zoro, the sun eventually fell and the moon rose. it seemed sanji was on night duty and [name] didn't mind keeping him company.

plus, he had that question to ask him.

"sanji, do cigarettes keep you warm?"

"hah? that's a stupid question," sanji said, breathing out a puff of smoke. [name] realized he quite liked the smell.

"but i'm really cold, i wanted to know if that'd help me!" [name] reasoned, just wishing to get an answer out of their chef. the blonde thought about it for a moment before holding out the stick. "really, you'll let me try?" the chef shrugged, "thanks, sanji!"

"no need to thank me, see how you feel about it first," sanji mused, leaning back against the mast while [name] was leaning against the railing. the two were sat facing each other and sanji was carefully watching [name]'s reaction.

without hesitating [name] brought the stick up to his lips. he inhaled, feeling the smoke invade his lungs. he held it there for a moment before allowing some to escape. obviously, not all the smoke would get completely pushed out of his lungs, but when he exhaled he watched the puff of smoke turn into nothing but air.

"eh, it was alright...lemme try again," [name] remarked, taking another drag from the cigarette before handing it to sanji. the chef didn't seem too bothered by infecting [name] with his habit, taking the cigarette to his own lips.

"so? feeling nice and toasty?" sanji teased, watching as [name] popped another coffee bean into his mouth.

"it was warm, but probably not enough. if i get super cold though, i'll rely on you to give me another one!" [name] said cheerfully, talking about it as if it wasn't a nasty habit to break if he were to really get hooked on it.

"you're gonna end up coming back for loads more if you smoke too much," sanji pointed out, wondering if [name] even knew that cigarettes were addictive.

"i'm not really an...addictive person! i only really like coffee beans the most, it's too bad they're not warm when you eat them," [name] pouted, stomping out sanji's small concern.

"if you say so," sanji said softly, putting out the cigarette.

slowly as time past, [name] noticed that sanji was beginning to doze off. and also noticed his cheeks, nose, and ears were turning really red with what seemed to be frostbite.