๑ the dogs are hounding on [name]

YALL THIS TITLE ISNT TALKIN ABT FEET DO NOT START W ME ON THAT

i nearly killed somebody,

don't you mind? don't you mind?

i gave you something you can never give back,

don't you mind?
_____

they just narrowly escaped the marines that were chasing them, but were still on the run in case they caught up. if you add on the emotional distress the entire situation caused the straw hats, then they were all beyond exhausted.

thankfully, as they were running through the town, chopper had picked up on their scent. and now he was riding on top of a giant crab. [name] didn't know where he got it from, but he was going to be thankful either way. his eyes turned into stars as he realized that it was a crab...something edible.

"sanji, sanji, do you think we can eat him later?" the question was enough to make the chef hum in thought and chopper's jaw drop in astonishment.

"don't eat him! he's helping us!"

"i meant after he was done helping us, i'm hungry, that's all," [name] said, trying to justify his question to the young reindeer. but chopper wasn't hearing him out at all. simply muttering under his breath how heartless and food driven [name] was.

"[name]'s right, it looks real yummy," luffy said, also salivating to the thought of eating the crab.

just as [name] began to laugh and relax as they were getting away, vivi's screams echoed in the air. he whipped his head around, searching for what she had begun yelling about. and when he saw that she was starting to get whisked away by a hook, he cursed under his breath.

him and luffy acted first, but zoro held [name] back. the man fought against his grip, but then realized why he was stopped. zoro recognized the fact luffy was able to stretch and switch places with vivi whereas [name] wouldn't have been able to really do anything.

so he watched as luffy selflessly replaced vivi's position and threw the princess back at the crab. [name] caught her, but his eyes were still trained on luffy. he held his hand out, shouting, "come on, luffy! grab on!!"

"no! i'm gonna beat this guy's ass!" luffy shouted defiantly, making [name] grit his teeth, "make sure you deliver vivi back to her home!!!"

[name] wanted to chase after luffy, but the sure smile that his captain had on his face made him stop himself. [name] restrained vivi, holding her tight as she desperately tried reaching for luffy as well.

luffy's eyes were trained on [name] the entire time, smile so wide that his pearly whites were visible to [name] despite being so far. as if he was trying to show to [name] he'd be fine.