boy with boat

Crease by crease, fold by fold, turn, by turn. Eventually, I had built a fine paper boat. Completely satisfied,  I zoomed across the house and quickly dressed up and opened the door for go outside. "I hope this leads to something good!" I thought, but then it was raining. So I was aware now  that there was a storm. There were charcoal, grey skies. I went back in my house and put my boat in a place where it might be safe. Skipping along, I daydreamed where it might go..

While rods of rain fell to the ground for what seemed like days, it finally began to fade. I was excited and got this opportunity, and went outside again to look at all the puddles the rain had made. The birds very intensity tracked me as the boat  as the boat gained its freedom. In the puddles reflection, doorways dribbled, and windows washed. Stomp by stomp, splash by splash, thud by thud. I then stomped though the puddle. I soon saw a larger stream of water.

Bending next to the flowing stream, I very carefully placed the boat onto the starry, sparkling water. The very second, the boat sped up. "Will I ever see it again?" I wondered. As I looked as the boat drove though the sorrowful, depressed street with nothing but autumn leaves blowing around. His butterstoch-yellow coat was as bright as the stars.

I couldn't find my boat. I peered down the street. My neck twisted for my treasured possession. My feet stamped across the road, barely touching the glistening puddles. "Come back!" I cried, waving my arms in the air, motioning it to come back. His dejected shadow moved along the fence- soaked, sunken, and sodden.

why is this story so depressing