Chapter two: The mysterious girl from district 12 🐍

"WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT DO THEY MEAN I DON'T HAVE A TRIBUTE. HOW'S THAT POSSIBLE?" I wanted to scream.

Great...I'm the only one without a tribute. I mean in one hand it's nice but on the other hand it's terrible. My mother is gonna be sooo mad.

"How's that possible?" Corio asks

"Last time change. But it's okay I feel relieved. Another year without fears of losing a tribute."I answer

"your mom is gonna be so angry"

"Yeah. I know thanks for the reminder"

"You're lucky Patra. I got the girl from district 12. I bet she will die on the first ten minutes"

"Someone's in a badd mood" I joke

"I wanted a useful tribute not a weak one. I need the scholarship."

"I wonder who will be this year's tributes"

"I hope to a miracle so I can win the games."

"Shh it's starting" Clemi said and the anthem started playing.

After the anthem we saw the tributes from district 1 then 2 then 3... Marcus is this year's tribute and Sejanus will be his mentor. This isn't going to end well...

"May the odds be with you" I whisper before the big screen shows the square of district 4. I'm so anxious my stomach hurts so bad. I hope my friends will be safe.

The girl from district 4... I know her. I can't remember her name.

She wasn't my friend. But we knew it's other very well. She's a nice girl. Sometimes after school we use to hang out. She is in the same friend group as one of my closest friend. I really liked her... What's her name? Oh yeah, Coral.

After a few minutes the last district showed on the screen. District 12... Coriolanus tribute.... I wonder who will be.

"The girl tribute from district 12 is Lucy Gray Baird" the woman says and a girl with a beautiful dress comes to the stage.

After a few minutes this girl became the center of attention. She sang an amazing song and then she attacked a girl with snakes. Great. But at least she got a lot of attention.

She's terrifying. In a good way. I think...

"She's amazing" Corio whispers.

He thinks that she's amazing?... Ouch. That hurt. But he means it in a friendly way. Right?

After a long day they let us go home. At the midnight the phone rings...
_______________________________________
Words: 404 📺